• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lim secondary clip replacement pictures (part 1)

oberthecat

Veteran CEG'er
Here are pictures to help in replacing the clip that retains the linkage rod for opening the secondaries on the Lower Intake Manifold(lim). This was not my idea, I found reference to it on this site. I do not know who it was that did the op but thanks.
1. Buy this package at Advanced Auto Parts. The $2.98 one.
IMG_0007.jpg

2. Unopened package. You want the upper left yellow item.
IMG_0009.jpg

3. Contents of opened package. You want the top item.
IMG_0013.jpg

4. Lever on lim without any clip. You will insert the yellow clip in the square hole. This is one case where a round peg does go in a square hole.
IMG_0014.jpg

Part 2

Part 2

5. Clip in hole front view.
IMG_0015.jpg

6. Looking down on the round clip in the square hole. This clip is inserted from the driver side of the lever. (left side when viewed from the front.
IMG_0016.jpg

7. Linkage rod installed.
IMG_0020.jpg

The rod fits firmly in the clip and takes some effort to pop back out. I think if you push the rod in too far it may bind. Another clip just like the one shown but from another package can be inserted into the other lever but must be inserted from the passenger side ( right side looking from the front of the car)
This is an lim from a standard 2.5L. It is available for pictures because it has been replaced by a clean CSVT lim.

i told my engine performance teacher about this. he also does diagnostic work for ford. he went and bought all the packages of these that he could. said he has to fix this so many times a week that he loses count by tuesday.

Back