• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Like it from the rear?

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
Went to Valley of Fire this past weekend. 20 mins of Highway, another 20 mins of the twisties. Very spirited driving, a 3 series and I had some great times on the way back, but I shall not speak of that. Finally got some pictures of my butt lift. What do you think? Also some picture of the Scenery. All the colors were so vivd.

100_1640.jpg

100_1642-1.jpg

100_1678.jpg

100_1689.jpg

100_1654.jpg

100_1646.jpg

100_1621.jpg

100_1630.jpg

Last edited:
I love Valley of Fire, but I mostly love the twisties on the way back if you took the route along Lake Mead which I assume you are referring to! I've had many many good times on that road! ;)

And the car looks AWESOME!

so you actually raised the rear end or did you drop the front as well? also whats up with the twisty sign, did someone do that to it?

Couple more.

100_1622.jpg

100_1636.jpg

100_1637.jpg

I got my gauges in too!

Reebs, I took the road from the I-15. We plan on going back and take the one to Lake Mead. I glad you can relate to the experience. :cool: The speed limit was 45 on the road I drove. :rolleyes:

eclipsee_steering.gif

Sad though, they hey a motorcycle down near the entrance. The guy was in the ditch, no ambulance or Rangers. I hope they flew him out. I didnt pass an ambulance on the way out.

so you actually raised the rear end or did you drop the front as well? also whats up with the twisty sign, did someone do that to it?

I put a Pre-98 trunk w/ lip spoiler on. :shrug: Kinda like a face lift.... I cosmetically changed the appearance of it's ass, to make more attractive to other CSVT's. Look up Brazilian Butt Lift... Kinda like that.

Stock suspension.

Car looks very good. Is it the Pre98 Trunk w/ Spoiler?

The scenery is amazing! Hope you had fun!:eek:

- amyn

Yup, also added a window mounted 3rd brake light. I would have loved to leave it off, to make it look cleaner, but boy do I love the rear of my car and drivers suck here.

hey evan. i took my tour up there last year. had fun too. i remember those funky symbols on the rocks:). nice butt lift too. like i told you when i saw your rear end. "it looks great". :laugh:

Those pictures on the rocks are definitely two skinny people and two fat people all holding hands.:shrug:

The symbols were from an area called Mouse Tank. It was where the water ran down/inbetween the rock and gathered at a cavernous area. This is where primitive settlers got their water supply. I Got to end of the trail where the "tank" was, looked in it. It was the size of a bath tube (not sure how deep) and filled with crappy green water. Happy Drinking! :eek:

I Wished i took more pictures of the car, but there was alot of people around. I didnt want to be "that" guy.

Ill keep in mind for next calendar. Hopefully get back for some more.

Jullian, fix your car and we can go cruise. Nothing like the sound of a BOV echoing off the rocky terrain.

I have been "that" guy in parking garages, parks and sides of roads. I didnt think once was going to hurt me. In reality I regret it. I really couldnt tell how the pictures where coming out. It was really freaking bright for the little LCD screen. Ill be "that" guy next time, promise.

The symbols were from an area called Mouse Tank. It was where the water ran down/inbetween the rock and gathered at a cavernous area. This is where primitive settlers got their water supply. I Got to end of the trail where the "tank" was, looked in it. It was the size of a bath tube (not sure how deep) and filled with crappy green water. Happy Drinking! :eek: Jullian, fix your car and we can go cruise. Nothing like the sound of a BOV echoing off the rocky terrain.

oh yeah, mouse tank. i camped around there last summer with some friends. it was great. about my car? I'm working on it dude. i just ordered another pcm. hopefully it fixes it. a photoshoot with my silverfrost and ur green will be drool worthy to say the least. maybe we can make it into next years calendar:).

Back