• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Light kill switch?

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
Has anyone done this around here?

So ultimately what I want to do is set up a switch somewhere on the dash to kill all lights. Basically I'd turn the headlights to the off setting to turn off rear lights, dash lights and headlights, then with the switch I can turn off the brake lights and the DRL.

It seems like a simple enough concept in my head, but I don't know too much about electrical stuff. I'd really like to wire the switch to where the PATS light is. So yeah, doable?

so u want like a "stealth" mode basically?

all lights of except gauges?

and you want to disable your stop lights completely with a switch so no one knows when you are stopping?

:shrug:

sounds like a dumb idea to me. wtf are you trying to do? sounds shady to me as the only time i have heard of people putting switches on the brake lights is so they can run from the cops ...

if you don't want drls take out the relay and put a bypass clip or wire in :shrug:and sell the relay

If my car was matte black, then yeah I could probably get away from cops without brake lights but I mean we all know how visible silver is. Although a lot of people on the road don't seem to see silver all that well :shrug:

Anyway I was just thinking it'd be a funny thing to do with s and giggles

I'd actually like to be able to turn off the DRL temporarily. It would come in handy for drive ins and such. Situations where you need the radio, but don't want lights.

I'd actually like to be able to turn off the DRL temporarily. It would come in handy for drive ins and such. Situations where you need the radio, but don't want lights.

don't turn the ignition to the run possition then .... just turn the key one position and the radio will work and the drl will not turn on ....

Back