• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

KW area peoples look here

loggerbomb

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone know a place I could take my LCD monitor/tv to get it looked at for a decent price? I had a nap this afternoon, woke up and went to check emails and found out the monitor just quit on me. The LED that lights up to show it is on won't light, but when I turn the power switch on you can hear something powering up.

Figures it just came out of it's warranty period! :mad:

Pending what size, i would say just buy a new one. Around this time of year, they are realitivly cheap enough. Getting it fixed may be just as costly as a new one.
As for where to take it, I would say try yellow pages and call around.. Someone with some intelligence should be able to point you in the direction you need.. I had a shop that I went to a while ago, I just don't remember the name of it..
Mike

Yeah, thing is it was 320 bucks! A similar replacement will cost just as much. I would like to at least see how much it might cost to fix before going out and buying one. I will try calling around tomorrow. Wasn't going anywhere today in this weather.

Yeah, yesterday's weather was nuts. I went to a Rangers game and I pretty much plowed the whole way there..
I figured who it was that I used.. Try Top Tech on River Road near Victoria.. 519-578-7600.. They seem to know what they are doing!

Good luck,
Mike

Yeah, yesterday's weather was nuts. I went to a Rangers game and I pretty much plowed the whole way there..
I figured who it was that I used.. Try Top Tech on River Road near Victoria.. 519-578-7600.. They seem to know what they are doing!

Good luck,
Mike

AH! Excellent! FutureShop recommended those guys, but I couldn't remember the name of the place! I will give them a shout! Thanks!

Well that is good to hear. What was it? Blown fuse or diode?

I have a Silver SVT and I live around Frederck mall. I have only seen one other SVT around, and it looks like mine.. Silver Frost..

mike

Well that is good to hear. What was it? Blown fuse or diode?
I have a Silver SVT and I live around Frederck mall. I have only seen one other SVT around, and it looks like mine.. Silver Frost..

mike

Actually haven't heard back from them. Dropped it off yesterday, so might be waiting a bit yet, they looked rather busy.
I have seen a silver contour around the lancaster area a couple times, but it is parked a bit off the road and I never had have time to get a closer look to see if it is an SVT when I do see it. For all I know, it could be yours! :laugh:

Wouldn't be mine. During the day I'm parked at my shop in the car port. I havn't been down that way in a while.. lol
Mike

Actually haven't heard back from them. Dropped it off yesterday, so might be waiting a bit yet, they looked rather busy.
I have seen a silver contour around the lancaster area a couple times, but it is parked a bit off the road and I never had have time to get a closer look to see if it is an SVT when I do see it. For all I know, it could be yours! :laugh:

I've seen a silver SVT around Lancaster/Bridgeport area being driven by a black guy. Of course I'm always in the Explorer when I see it.
I've also seen the green one driving by my office on the expressway a few times.

I've seen a silver SVT around Lancaster/Bridgeport area being driven by a black guy. Of course I'm always in the Explorer when I see it.
I've also seen the green one driving by my office on the expressway a few times.

Yeah, thats where I have seen the silver one, though it is always parked when I see it, so no idea who is driving.
Haven't noticed any green ones though.

Well finally got the monitor back. Guy couldn't fix it. Said power supply was toast and he couldn't get the part for it.

Bleh. Never again will I buy a monitor with a built in tuner.

Back