• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just drove a g8

dannimarieiro

CEG'er
i was looking for a car for my gf and found this for me:laugh:its a 2009 g8 gt comes with 361 hp , 385 ft of torque, and it is RWD:drool: . it come with either 6 speed auto or manual . im so buying one but i dont know if i should trade mine in or just sell it private. the total price is $41,000 or i can wait for the GXP to come out it comes with 402 hp and 402 ft of torque
ag_08g8gt_dashleft.jpg

2008-Pontiac-G8-GT_01.jpg

$41000? Is that with TT&L or financing tacked on? I thought those things were only like $33000-36000 for the GT?

$41000? Is that with TT&L or financing tacked on? I thought those things were only like $33000-36000 for the GT?

Its Canadian pricing - look at the OP's location.

What kind of MPG does that thing get? Should be giving it away.

If you can afford a $40,000 car you can afford the extra $80/month in gas.

He'll have a long wait for one with a manual. And If spending that much it wouldn't be that car. Canadian dollar is pretty close to American FWIW. I think my buddy bought his 01 vette new close to that. Yea it was 7 years ago but geez. I could see 35k.

He'll have a long wait for one with a manual. And If spending that much it wouldn't be that car. Canadian dollar is pretty close to American FWIW. I think my buddy bought his 01 vette new close to that. Yea it was 7 years ago but geez. I could see 35k.

It's Canadian pricing people...ignore the pricing...

Just because the value of the American dollar has dropped like a rock doesn't mean that the pricing is going to change in other markets...Canada is our neighbor, but it is still NOT the American Market.

I'm not gonna comment on the manual...I lose track of what information that I am privy to has been released to the general public...

I'm not gonna comment on the manual...I lose track of what information that I am privy to has been released to the general public...

Every car-rag has stated in there 2009 new car previews the GXP will come with a manual trans as an option.

Would this not use the exact same manual trans as the 2010 Camaro? No good reason not to supply the market with a manual trans version when it is already in GM's parts bin.

Every car-rag has stated in there 2009 new car previews the GXP will come with a manual trans as an option.

Would this not use the exact same manual trans as the 2010 Camaro? No good reason not to supply the market with a manual trans version when it is already in GM's parts bin.

yeah, it will be the same 6060 with a different tailhousing/shifter location.

It's a lot cheaper this side of the border. I’ve seen them $28-33K on the lots for a comparable vehicle to the OP. From what I have read you can get the V6 with the manual, but currently only the auto for the V8. It’s a sweet ride just needs the manual with the V8. Would be top of my list if I were in the market for a new ride.

Back