• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parting Out junk yard t-red svt mnb

Status
Not open for further replies.

newguyhooah

CEG'er
Hey, I just saw a t-red blue int. svt at the junkyard here in Denver. front and rear bumpers were maybe 8 of 10 with minor scraches and interior was very nice. i think it was 98 cause the dash was not like mine. I can do get what you need but need to know asap> last month there was a silver that passed through in less than 2 weeks. I hesitated too long. let me know what you might want and what you will pay plus shipping and I will go back Tues to see if it is still there!

I personally don't need anything at the moment but you should consider grabbing the following because they should be easy to sell:

Jackpoint covers
Side skirts
Sunroof motor (If the gear is good but the plastic housing is broken, it may be worth bagging but if the gear itself is shot, don't bother)
Sunroof motor cover bezel (only if the tabs that the screws go through are not broken)
Front & Rear Mesh (get those clips!)
Fog lights
Front headlights (only if in good shape)
Front grille
SVT throttle body
Shift tower out of the transmission
The hydraulic hose that connects the transmission to the clutch master cylinder (discontinued part with apparently no aftermarket manufacturers)
All engine compartment wiring harnesses
The ECU & PATS module (get the keys too if you can)
If it has a dash clock with PATS LED light, get it.
SVT Radiator (if in good shape)
Radiator cooling fans
The ABS unit if the car is equipped with traction control (must also bag the corresponding dashboard switch)
The big splash shield that lies just underneath the radiator

Keep your eye out for any aftermarket parts as Klasky24 pointed out. You might trip across something like a B&M short shifter, Weapon R stainless steel headers or the extremely rare Brullen Y-pipe (PM me if you find that Brullen pipe!).

I think some people have been looking for the plastic wheel well liners lately. Check the WTB requests in various CEG classifieds sections.

Get the VIN number and report it as having "gone to heaven" in this thread:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?7321-All-SVT-s-Go-To-Heaven

After that, it's up to you how much further you want to push it.

The early dashboard assemblies are desireable for fixing the warp problem but they don't always resell quickly. If you were to bag the dash, make sure you don't miss the following on it:

1. Get the wiring harness
2. There are two blue rubber grommets that should be attached to large pegs near the center underside of the dash. These may get pulled off as you remove the dash and fall behind or into the ventilation. Retrieve them because they are very important (they stop vibration and rattling).
3. Keep the duct that connects the right side ventilation output to the central output (runs just in front/below the passenger side airbag). The later dashboards use a different duct.

If you bag the dash, might as well get both airbags.

Some people suffer the problem of the gas tank filler neck rusting out. There are three different filler necks on Contours:

1. Made before 2-2-1998
2. Made between 2-2-1998 and 5-16-1999
3. Made after 5-16-1999

The tank is bulky but as long as it is empty, it is not hard to pull the neck. I can't guarantee that you will be able to resell this quickly but no new filler necks can be obtained through Ford.

/\ Nice write up. :)

newguy, I'm looking for these push pins that hold SVT side skirts on. If you could get these from the car, I'd really appreciate it!

Looking for ~(5) black plastic SVT side skirt fasteners that attach under the skirts on SVTs to secure them to the body.

Let me know what you have, please. Can PayPal immediatly.

fb7bb52c-1.jpg

Price please for separate and pics please.

Jack point covers
Side skirts
Front and rear mesh
Front grille
Harness complet
Front headlight
Fog lights

Please vicsvt@gmail.com

Victor

Ok, I am going tuesday to get all of these parts! Only if it is htere still. Like i SAID BEFORE, i AM AN IDIOT for miising out on the silver one that passed through about a month ago. I will not make that mistake again this time guys. Does anyone want the bumper covers? I know the rear is better tham mine but not bad really and I dont remember how the front looked. the fans are mine and I think thats all I want. No aftermarket parts but will the 98 style dash fir the 00? My dash is so FU$%ed. I need a new one bad and they have a nice one but its the 98 style. It does have the clock, sun roof motors are gone and the dome is cracked, does anyone close to Denver want the seats? I know shipping will suck but let me know and I will get them! I will get back on here tomorrow night and again monday so after that it might be gone. I will let you know. I will not be able to price quote do to I have to pull the parts and buy them so Please if you want them at least let me break even on what i pay thats all I ask! Trades too if you have something I need!

/\ Nice write up. :)

newguy, I'm looking for these push pins that hold SVT side skirts on. If you could get these from the car, I'd really appreciate it!
You can get'em brand spankin new from a dealer and they're not outrageous, why bother shipping junkyard parts?

newguyhooah,

Yes, the 1998 SVT dash will fit your 2000 SVT. Obey what I said to do in Post #4 but I forgot to add this too:

1. Get the glovebox & the insert that shapes the interior of the glovebox because they are matched to the dash.
2. Get the dash trim panel that lies below the steering wheel because it is different than the equivalent panel on the 1999/2000 dash. The little plastic covers that mask the bolts are the same as what is on the 1999/2000 SVT but grabbing them doesn't hurt (you will have a stash of spares).
3. Grab those plastic trim panels on the far left and right that cover the 4 major Torx bolts that secure the dash to the car body near the pillars. There is a remote chance that they are different than for the 1999/2000 dash. My gut feeling is that they are not different but it's better to be safe than sorry.
4. I think you will have to cut a minor notch in the 1998 dash somewhere just behind that trim panel underneath the steering wheel when you put the 1998 dash in your 2000 SVT. The metal support structure underneath the dash is slightly different in 1999/2000 vs. 1998. You could grab that massive metal understructure out of the 1998 SVT to avoid cutting the notch but it is not worth the effort unless you were already planning to get the current one powdercoated.

After that, optional things to consider are grabbing spare headlight switches, AC control panel and the big bezel that surrounds the radio and AC control panel. There are metal spring clips attached to the headlight switch bezel and radio/AC control panel bezel that help secure these to the dashboard. These metal spring clips often break. The clips have been discontinued although there are a few still floating around in dealerships across the country (may get tossed out in the near future). Thus, getting spares is always a smart thing to do.

Car was stripped! But I got an extra uim and grey dome light now! They took the badge off and the throttle body. I am going back to get a few little interior pieces Thursday. If the lim is there I am going to grab that. anyone need itk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back