• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

is the 1000 dollar svt

jd2-98s

Veteran CEG'er
Still around with the blown motor, I think it was Jeff... That was telling me about it. I like to nab it or any dead SVT for that matter.

Oh everyone I walked off the job... It's not me, couldn't stand it anymore. With in 4 days I found myself working on a blazzer that was dead for 8months and got it running after 5 hours (fuel pump and sending unit). Then a 1988 Chevy dump truck, did the rear drums (FUN) double rear wheels. The place is a lawn equipment and welding shop, they sell Toro and service. They own a big place with lots of room and the guy wants me to do auto repair. He has accounts so getting parts at 50% off what I would pay walking into the same place, even autozone. Plus he is insured. Also it was good to hear him talk to everyone that came in how I fixed his Chevy Blazzer. I'm really excited, but hope it will works out, I don't even have to drive to the place.

I got an offer for a CSVT for $1500 with a blown tranny. The motor runs fine. He upgraded the brkes, suspension, and did some engine work. The kid goes to URI and needs to sell it b/c he cant fix it. His father contacted me at a car show and he gave me his info. I got the impression that you were looking for an SVT and this one is running. I can give you the info if you want it.

1998 SVT

Dan

Last edited:
he didnt say anything about salisbury. I forgot where he said it was. It def was not salisbury. Anyway his # is 19782703391 his name is Aaron.
His fathers # is 19789739709 and its Nick.

It does sound like the same one though, this one had the blown tranny, had been lowered and the engine had about 100,000 miles on it. This one has sitting about 1.5 years and it is at a mechanic's garage. It actually is the #31 ever made. Front bumper is cracked and the inside is in rought shape. Not sure it is the same one but the story is ecactly the same. The father has moved up to NH or Maine........ring any bells now??

yeah exactly, I had given the father my number when he wants to sell it for $500, oddly enough he has not called me yet!! Such a shame, I can remember seeing this car on the Newburyport bridge and being excited to see another one, but then the kid had to show off and threw it around like a rag doll.

i remember when i first saw it, i was going shooting and drove past the garage, took a double take, whipped around and pulled in.
walked around it once and almost cried.

I've still got mine kicking around. Could use some work, but it's walking (not exactly running!), and in decent condition. Tranny is still strong, would make an excellent 3L candidate.

ill sell mine too if anyone here wants it, pay it off and its yours, i think i owe $4k or so, let me know if anyone is interested cause im trading it in real soon (ya ill be kicking myself in the @ss once its gone) car is in excellent shape though

wonder if I offer 700 if they would jump. But does sound like a car that needs a crap load of work.

Thanks for the info on the car and the wish of luck at the new place. :)

give it a try.. the car has sitting there coming up on close to 2 years now,,,I hope somebody can get it and bring it back..it is such an early one,,,good luck and let us know!

Back