• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior trim help.....plz!

SaTiVa550

CEG'er
So.......I need to know if any of you have solved this issue. My rocker panel trim has been removed and installed a few times, and the clips attached to the trim no longer holds. Could someone give me the name and size of the fastener/clip. I have tried several things, but don't like the come. I have been searching for this for a while now, but I grieve cuz, the link is corrupted.

there are plastic holders built into the rockers that a plastic Phillips screw goes into. The plastic vs plastic plus heat strips some one the screws so you are forced to prey it out of the body thus breaking the plastic screw holders. These are what essentially keep the rocker in place. You will need to replace them. I gave a set away 2 weeks ago in mnb.

I had to pry mine out. As a result, most the keepers broke. On mine it's all one piece except for the screws. I'm going to go look for what you recommended. Let me know if you know of any other way.....

Back