• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intake on 95 Mystique

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
i got an intake installed on my car a few days ago, but have yet to screw in the Air intake temp sensor. how much of a difference will it make once i get it in? and is it true that the closer u put it to the TB the better the air fuel mixture?

All the intakes i've seen have a spot to screw in the IAT in the elbow coupler off of the tb. I say put it there.

You can leave it sitting out in the engine bay near the filter if you want to; it won't really make much of a difference. It just monitors the temperature of the air entering the intake, so if you put it right near the filter, well, then...yeah, lol.

You can leave it sitting out in the engine bay near the filter if you want to; it won't really make much of a difference. It just monitors the temperature of the air entering the intake, so if you put it right near the filter, well, then...yeah, lol.
i hope your kidding. the IAT will determine as to weather your car will run rich or lean

i do have it sitting there now, but i wanna know the best spot to place it on the intake... closer or further from the TB?

it really doesnt make much difference how close to the TB it is in the intake tube, although closer is probably better.

i hope your kidding. the IAT will determine as to weather your car will run rich or lean
No...I'm not. I would like for you to enlighten me because I'm going to be replacing one of the couplers on my intake and securing my IAT outside the filter...

Buddy of mine has a Duratec with Pud heat shield, and has the IAT in the lower portion of the heat shield where it angles outwards. Right next to the filter, and no problems. Runs great...

No...I'm not. I would like for you to enlighten me because I'm going to be replacing one of the couplers on my intake and securing my IAT outside the filter...
Air intake temperature is used to correct fuel quantity (pulse width) since air temperature effects air density. (colder air is much more dense) Approximately 70°F is generally used for 0 correction, temperatures above will result in less fuel to compensate for the lower air density, and conversely temperatures below 70° will result in steadily richer (by volume) mixtures. Bad readings will effect ECM attempts to keep the air to fuel ratio proportional.

Well that's fine and dandy, but if the IAT is directly adjacent to the filter, I don't see how it isn't reading the temperature correctly? :shrug:

Back