• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

info needed -- don't know what to do

kristiyano

CEG'er
i had my clutch replaced on my 98 CSVT and the guys at the shop installed a clutch for the regular contour. What should I expect now. Should I have the replace it with one for an SVT? what's the difference between the two? carquest says their clutch is for the 2.5L contour, and it makes no difference wether it will be installed on an SVT or not...is that true?? help need ASAP!! thank you!

i don't know what to say about that. it obviously fits in, but not sure if it will last. i guess someone else will have a better idea about that. anyone??

It is irrelevant as to whether it will work. If they made the mistake, make them replace it with the right clutch. I had this problem with my last car. I owned an 87 lesabre T-type. This car had many specialty parts, including a handling package. On one occasion a mechanic took it upon himself to put standard Lesabre struts in the car (I felt the difference right away). When I took it back to have them fix it, I overheard the mechanic make the comment "The car is going to ride rough with those struts". Basically I have found that when you have a special car, based on a commen car, like my old BLT or the CSVT in this case, many mechanics just don't know the difference or just don't care. You need to specify what you have and always check the part numbers, to make sure they used the correct parts. You'll find that as time goes buy and less CSVTs are around, more mechanics will put the standard Contour parts on the car (if they can). And Like I said earlier; If they made the mistake, make them fix it. After all, it's their fault!

Back