• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IMRC actuator replacement

steelblueSE

Hard-core CEG'er
I finally found an actuator for $139 shipped to me, got it from Tousley Ford. (very good service, fast shipping) The stealership by me wanted $230.

I must admit I was very intimidated when I began to work on it. I found this thread very helpful: http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...d=allposts&Main=757505&Search=true#Post757505.

The only suggestions I would add to make things easier:
1. Even with the MAF/TB taken off, the tangle of AC and cooling lines makes it just about impossible to get a pair of pliers in there to pop off the second clip. Just take a long flat blade screwdriver and go in from the front of the engine and just roll the tip of the screwdriver toward the drivers side.
2. Before rolling over the spring assembly that the end of the cable attaches to, disconnect the grommet like fitting first, this gives you more slack in the cable to fumble around with the clip at the end attached to the spring.

My secondaries haven't worked since the middle of May.....wow what a difference :)

Like I said, its intimidating when you see how everything is buried, but patience is key. Hopefully this makes it easier for others to do in the future.:)

I love this site!

I love this site!

Just replaced the transistor (bought 2 for less than $8) and she's back baby... This site has saved me thousands of dollars. Thanks everyone!

Back