• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Oil pan baffling

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright guys I'm going to replicate something that was completed for the Noble track pans for use on the regular stock 3L Escape pans and possibly 2.5L pans depending on how I take it. Should look something like what is shown below. If there is enough interest, most likely will need a minimum of 10 people. If we get there I'll have everything laser cut at my local supplier. It will be superb and will help tremendously with the all to familiar oil starvation issues. Best of all it will be a bolt in replacement for what is there already. That said lets get a list going.

91261590.jpg

60676685.jpg

Will this include an escape pan? Or do we have to send one in and wait to get it back? Is there some sort of "core charge" if we get one and then send our escape pan back in?

Interested
1.tsSVT

I assume we would just need to send in the baffle from our oil pan to be modified?

Will this include an escape pan? Or do we have to send one in and wait to get it back? Is there some sort of "core charge" if we get one and then send our escape pan back in?

No need to send me anything. Simply unbolt your existing baffle and bolt the improved one on. This is a replacement part.

I assume we would just need to send in the baffle from our oil pan to be modified?

Nope this is a complete replacement.

Last edited:
So far I believe we have this...

1.tsSVT
2.FastFord - depending on price
3.Daven

Here are pictures of the factory baffle and with it removed. This is what I'm replacing.

baffle.jpg
baffleremoved.jpg

Price for this?

Not going to bother my supplier with quoting until I have enough people interested. They charge me just about $160 just to turn their CNC machine on. So with 10 people I can guarantee it will be more then $16 ;)

Interested list

1. tsSVT
2. FastFord - depending on price
3. Daven
4. SVOFANATIC - depending on price

Interested list

1. tsSVT
3. Daven
5. qbcsvt

Interested list

1. tsSVT
3. Daven
5. qbcsvt
6. jtidaho
7. Icefury - depending on price

Alright guys here is the design. As of right now I can only guarantee fitment for the Escape 3L oil pan. I will be able to verify if I can make it fit the 2.5L pan in a few days. I'm unsure of the designs related to the Taurus 3L pans, but hopefully I can verify that as well. This will be a single piece that will bolt on in place of the existing baffle. Based on rough material costs and labor I'm going to estimate the price of the baffle at ~$80 + S&H. The part will be made from T304 stainless steel. If I were to make it from standard steel the price would drop to ~$65 + S&H. However I'd prefer stainless. Lead times will depend on supplier's schedule for the laser CNC. I'd estimate the parts, once the order is placed, will be about 2 weeks. Then I'll need another 1-2 weeks to weld up all the parts.

EDIT: Going off of RockAuto for oil pans it appears that the Cougar and Contour all years share the same oil pan as the 01-07 Escapes. This does not seem promising for the Taurus 3L oil pans.

baffle1.jpg

Last edited:
Back