• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Engine install party?

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
So the days and hours are winding down to the install of my engine into the tour. Since this is going on 4yrs in the making I figured it would be cool to invite you guys over to see the event take place. I'm going to wait a little bit here to make sure that I truly have everything I need to make the install happen before putting a date out there, but that said who is interested? It will probably be a Sat. and if I did have to guess a date it would be 8/24.

I've also thought about just having a turn key party instead to avoid some chaos, but I don't know.

Thoughts?

If all goes as planned, our baby should be atleast a week old already and I'm sure my wife would let me head over :rolleyes:.......

Why oh why do I have a horrible feeling it is going to go like this:
Turns key....absolutely nothing happens.

Why oh why do I have a horrible feeling it is going to go like this:
Turns key....absolutely nothing happens.

Really... come on man. You've been on here long enough to know my capabilities. That is the least of my worries. I'm more concerned with my primliminary tune and having the engine run horrible because of the fuel map being off. Those are things I can't change until it is up and running.

I might be interested just to get out and do something car related. Although, if it were me I'd be annoyed at everyone standing around bothering me while I was working. Plus if people joined in I might be annoyed they'd mess something up. lol

Really... come on man. You've been on here long enough to know my capabilities. That is the least of my worries. I'm more concerned with my primliminary tune and having the engine run horrible because of the fuel map being off. Those are things I can't change until it is up and running.

Murphy's Law!!!

Last edited:
I might be interested just to get out and do something car related. Although, if it were me I'd be annoyed at everyone standing around bothering me while I was working. Plus if people joined in I might be annoyed they'd mess something up. lol

I know right... which is why I was leaning towards the turn key party ;)

I know right... which is why I was leaning towards the turn key party ;)

I haven't been to any kind of meet since 06 or 07 so I wouldn't mind trying to make it out for something like this. The turn key idea sounds better in my opinion.

Back