• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I Hate Ups

SVT3Rivieres

CEG'er
ARGGG i hate them, i bought a mirko batterie tie down at 55$ that will once again because of UPS end end costing me around 120$.

Mirko told me they gonna ship with USPS and its the only reason why i decided to buy it, and today they sent me a email with a UPS tracking number !!!!!!!!

Last time my maf adaptor from spmotorsport cost me 80$US because of UPS !!
subframe connector UPS charged me 100$ of brokerage fees on it, and the guy also told me we will ship USPS

same thing for 2 other thing that were supposed to be shipped with USPS finaly got shipped with UPS and ended up costing 50% more thant what i was supposed to spend for it !!!

and also the UPS pick up office (when you miss the guy) is only open 45min per day for 4h45pm to 5h30pm !!!

I HATE THEM !!!! and i hate people who dont stick to they words....

And Canadian customers wonder why our Canadian prices are so much higher than the US prices on our site. If you calculate, our Canadian prices are competitive compared to someone bringing in the part themselves. (Comparing using major courier services)

Felt the UPS brokerage sting myself, my short shifter came in at literally double the price, the UPS delivery guy even apologized. I ship USPS exclusively, but there isn't much you can do for someone telling you they will use USPS (I generally make it a rule NOT to use the acronym so it's NOT mistaken for some stupid Canadian not knowing how to spell UPS) and end up shipping UPS and you get screwed for th outlandish brokerage fees... Not only their brokerages fees are highway robbery, they have NO CONCEPT of customer service or services after point a to b, god forbid you miss delivery as they ho no customer pick up depots either (or worth calling pickup depot)!

Last edited:
one time they didnt charged me (UPS) and 3 week after i received a letter saying that i owned them 45$, i sent a check, and 1 month later, the guy who sold it to me sent me a email telling me that UPS sent him a email saying that i havent paid them and requesting him to pay for me...

UPS has customer centers throughout the US. i.e. Buffalo. If you live near the border anywhere in Canada explore the option of having the item(s) sent to the center for you to pick up on your next day trip. I've had it work for wheels and more... Otherwise USPS or nothing, always mark as a gift or warranty return, etc.

I would be real mad at Mirko if they promised to send the parts USPS and then sent it UPS. I had someone pull that on me on ebay. I refused the item when UPs showed up and told them to return it.

I have never ever had a problem with UPS, USPS, FedEx, Speedee, or DHL in my area. It may have somthing to do with Canada, but I have stellar service in MN. My drivers know me by name and what I buy, lol. They always ask if its car parts, gun parts, or computer parts.

I always get my US stuff shipped to UPS in Buffalo as their main sorting place is just about 5 or 6 minutes from the border right off the Interstate. I usually try to get multiple things ordered at the same time from different suppliers and can easily justify the gas (i drive a Chev Avalanche!!!!) by saving huge on brokerage and the increased cost of their shipping charges. A three hour trip is a bit excessive however.

As for UPS.....i cant really stand them...I work for Purolator Courier.

Cheers

Fern

I would be real mad at Mirko if they promised to send the parts USPS and then sent it UPS. I had someone pull that on me on ebay. I refused the item when UPs showed up and told them to return it.

i reply them saying that i was unhappy that they told me they gonna ship USPS and finaly shipped UPS.. telling about the fac that this will cost me lots more money and i will have consider not ordering if i knew its gonna be UPS... and they havent replied me about my comment, at least they should have write back saying like... oh were sorry... but noting...

hope if i get a splitter they will not screw it again

Back