• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I HATE KANSAS!

99RedCSVT

Veteran CEG'er
This state is so stupid with weather. One day it is over 70 degrees out. I'm out riding my moped and in shorts. Loving the sun.

The next day(today), it starts snowing and now we have over 4 inches and it's still coming down hard. I can't stand it. Weird weather. Bring on the sunshine! But hey, if I don't got work tomorrow (I drive a public transit bus), I'm sledding down the KU hills!!:cool:

Yea this year's weather sucks, I haven't even bothered to wash my car this winter. Washburn U closed this morning, hopefully work does too!!!

yeah my worthless ass car didn't make it out my driveway this morning so i am home my wife though in her 97 F150 4x4 didn't have any problem. but i think i am the fortunate one:laugh:

Yeah, my hopes and dreams of the bus company shutting down have gone up in flames. I swear, it'll never shut down. Well, off to work guys, be off around 8:30pm CST. The snow plows didn't even get my street. Let's see how the old crap van does.:laugh:

My car got stuck in the pile of snow that the snow plow left in front of our driveway. Took about 15-20 minutes to finally get it out. :blackeye: I'm at work right now, since I don't have school.

This morning I saw one of Topeka's city buses get stuck in the intersection right before the bus station lol.

Yeah, it was a fun day at work. Got the bus stuck. Stupid KU hills. Oh well, I enjoyed the fish tailing of the bus. Gave me practice! :laugh:

I read in the paper last night that this winter is the second worst in history for the amount of snow that's fallen to date. I had around 10" in my driveway Wednesday morning, so I just went back to bed! One of the very few good things about my job is that I can pretty take off work anytime I want without any notice. Of course, having a 50 mile each way commute makes me think twice before heading out in this kind of weather.

But I'm definitely ready for Spring, even with the accompanying tornados.

You're lucky that you can take off anytime. I'd be looking for a new job if I did that. Yeah, spring is good. I don't mind the weather in the spring/summer. At least its warm enough to ride my moped. Thing goes 55mph. Might bring it to spring zing....NAH!:crazy:

My SVT hasn't left the garage in almost 2 weeks other than for a oil change. :( It looks so lonely and I feel bad not putting miles on her. I miss 6500k shifts and having power on tap to pass or merge on to the highway. With my Ranger, you just go when you can get in, no fun.

I guess it is a good thing though, when I was changing the oil I noticed my left front tire was worn almost all the way down on the inside, so new tires won't be as far off as I'd hoped. On th eother hand, I love new tires!

I'm not sure what the other Kansas' roads are like, but Topeka's suck. Instead of purchasing quality material and fixing the roads once, they bought a ton of crap material and are constantly out repairing. :shrug: They have replaced one section of road at least 5 times in the past 3 months :rolleyes:. From all the snow/ice the city is now full of more pot-holes.

I'm not sure what the other Kansas' roads are like, but Topeka's suck. Instead of purchasing quality material and fixing the roads once, they bought a ton of crap material and are constantly out repairing. :shrug: They have replaced one section of road at least 5 times in the past 3 months :rolleyes:. From all the snow/ice the city is now full of more pot-holes.

I was watching a couple of City of Topeka street crew workers attempt to patch potholes last week, and just had to laugh. They were using cold mix asphalt patch, and they were tamping it into the potholes while they still had water from melted snow in them! This one dude half-heartedly tamped the cold mix a couple of times, then moved on to the next pothole. Those patches won't last 24 hours!

Lets not forget the marvelous job Topeka does clearing residential and side streets. What good is clearing the main streets if you can't get your car down your own street to begin with? I guess that's what you get with the tax dollars they charge in this town. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean on that one. The Lawrence city crew has yet to patch a lot of holes. I think they are really lazy on it. I've been avoiding the same 4 pot holes going to and from work.

This state is so stupid with weather. One day it is over 70 degrees out. I'm out riding my moped and in shorts. Loving the sun.

The next day(today), it starts snowing and now we have over 4 inches and it's still coming down hard. I can't stand it. Weird weather. Bring on the sunshine! But hey, if I don't got work tomorrow (I drive a public transit bus), I'm sledding down the KU hills!!:cool:
I am extremely jealous .... I wish our weather swung like that. It's been <32° for I don't know how long now, way too cold to do anything outside. Even one 50 degree day would satisfy me for now.

Back