• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got new headlights....finally

Con2er

CEG'er
So my SVT is 16yrs old the build date is April of 1997. I have despite the Arizona sun's best attempts managed to keep the paint looking pretty good, but my headlights were a lost cause. All my attempts at clearing them were pretty short lived, so I bought new lights for $160/pair. I hope they hold up at that price, but here's some pics.

yzOvy4p.jpg

HMyXYvo.jpg

The only thing cosmetic wise I really want to fix now is the back bumper. It has some decent scratches from garage doors as well as some heavy oxidation. I tried rubbing compound, but it did't work I might just take it to a professional, unless someone has an awesome idea/product I could try.

New headlights make such a difference with the look of cars!! I changed mine out a couple years ago with a set from my dads salvage yard there were really nice

Yeah the new headlights make the car look about 6yrs younger ;)
I have the original SVT floor mats. The Driver's side has two holes in it from my heels. I want to get a vinyl patch to cover it. Anyone else do this?

New lights look great!

Keep a layer of like carnuba wax or something else that has UV protection on them and that should help protect them. I polish\seal\wax my lights whenever I do the rest of the car.

Have you thought of an Autovation heel plate for your driver mat? If you like the oem look you could have it PC'd to match MNB interior color.

Back