• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I could be the first in our group with one of these!!!!!

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
She is finally registered as a collector.

Now to keep it going for years to come!

IMG_3630_zpsgobsox04.jpg

IMG_3631_zpsi7qkl6rg.jpg

Auto-x2013_zps58239f55.jpg

Wisconsin is 20 years, can't drive it in January, and you must have another vehicle registered to your name. Can't have custom plates, no mileage restrictions, and must be in 'stock trim'. :). If it is not stock trim, then you can register it as 'Hobbyist' plate.

Sure is buddy boy! Pull those bumpers and skirts off and you will see FORD stamped all over them! hahahahaha. It's kind of a gray area anyway lol.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers...l/collecto.htm

This is the gray area:
It is an alteration if not factory-offered(after market).

They say 'not aftermarket'.... well the parts are not aftermarket, they are OEM.
Are they offered for the 1995? Well, yes and no. Yes my car came with SE skirts in 95'. Did it come with a front bumper with fog lamps in '95, yes. Did it come with a rear bumper with exhaust holes in 95', no.

So yeah, I probably pushed the limits a little for a collector.

Now after reading the list over again, I pretty much don't qualify for the Collector plate hahahahahhahaha. Oh well.

Wisconsin is 20 years, can't drive it in January,
Most states are 25 years. Here in Colorado it's 32 years for a collector plate with a 4,500 mile annual restriction. Suppose Wisconsin is being generous, as anything daily driven there for over 20 years will be more Iron Oxide than Iron.

Why the January driving restriction?

Not sure why they only have January as a restricted month :confused: :shrug:.......

Yeah, maybe they figure if your car even made it 20 years in this state you should be rewarded early with the collector plates. The guys at the 'collector' car show are going to **** this summer because they won't believe it when I pull up! I was booted out of our Fox Lake Fireman's car show that I have attended for almost 7 years in the past. They got new owners to run it and they made it a 'collector cars only, 20yrs old minimum' restriction so I havn't been able to enter mine for 3 years now since the change. I found out after I already had the car (and my truck) detailed for the show and already driven them there, f'kers

I just looked at Colorado's collector plate law, prior to a new bill passed in 2013, collector status was model year 1975 or older. House Bill 13-1071 changed it to 32 years or older. I guess my 85 SVO will be a collector 2 years from now.

I grew up in Northern Ohio and Southwest Michigan, a.k.a., The Rust Belt. I drove several cars to the junkyard with frame rot so severe they were unsafe. Even returning there occasionally to deal with my parent's house, I'm amazed to see 5 year old cars with fist-sized rust holes in the body. I hate seeing that happen to cars.

Nope all my yearly registration is over. $200 to register as collector and thats it. Shoot maybe i can get an insurance discount too!

Looks good Joe!! Glad you might beable I join the car show again' looking forward to picks with Eggy showing off the new plates!

Thanks Mike.

I can't find a fake collector plate to order for my trailer. Hmmm

No Title

She fought me a little, but gave up because she knew it was for the best. Now she can just let her gray hair grow and not worry about dying it to look younger. Embrace senior life, don't fight it.

Attachments

• photo15617.jpg
    photo15617.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
That plate is bright! At least you can get the early bird special now! 4:30PM dinner is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Not worth crap in our state. When they qualify I'm not going to even bother. I just have collectors insurance, all that needed imo.

Back