• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Huge Pile-up 696

ancientsanskrit

Hard-core CEG'er
I was driving on Orchard Lake and 12 mile road and noticed a large amount of traffic. There were also police cars that were flagging people off of the highway. As I went on the overpass, I saw a huge pile-up. Must have been 30+ cars and trucks. Crazy stuff.

No way. That source is giving too conservative of a number. Cars were scattered as far as I could see from the overpass. I've never seen anything like it.

I also searched it, and found this source:
http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060913/UPDATE/609130437

"involving at least 30 vehicles, including two semi-trailer tractors."

Regardless, they mentioned that no serious injuries occured.

Ill never forget the accident in sheboygan, WI involving more then 80 vehicles becuase of fog

funny you should mention that, I saw a documentary over the weekend that talked about it and a couple others from CA

i was stuck in traffic for hours. if i would have left 10mins earlier there would be no Kanakry anymore

if i would have left 10mins earlier there would be no Kanakry anymore

We must have done something real bad in a former life, because obviously god is punishing all of us for it...:blackeye: :laugh:

Last edited:
I saw the pile up on the news..
I was driving around cherry hill/cantoncenter and it was hailing BAD.. crazy michigan...

I was going down wayne almost to ford rd and now have a car full of water. It was hailing there as well. Not fun

funny you should mention that, I saw a documentary over the weekend that talked about it and a couple others from CA

Yeah, there were a few on I-5 in central CA (not too far from sacramento) that were legendary. 100+ cars IIRC.

But in those accidents you couldn't stop at the mars cheese castle afterwards could you? LOL god thats some good cheese

Back