• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How do you Dynamat a door?

96RedSE5Sp

Hard-core CEG'er
I have done a search but cannot find explicit instructions. There was some discussion in the audio forum, but not enough detail.

Is there a template available? How do you fish the sticky Dynamat pieces through the relatively small openings in the door? What thickness Dynamat can be used?

Nope, just on the door behind the panel. Just make sure you use a heat gun like in the video. It softens the mat up significantly making it easier to get into all the little bumps and craters.

when i used raam i used it on both the inside part of the outer door panel and the structure panel as well.

raam doesn't need heat or a roller either, plus it's 1/3 the price :shocked:

The contour has a foam mat installed in the door from factory. It would go pretty much right where the dynomat would be installed. Not really sure if dynomat will actually do anything. :shrug:

Hell it was being such a PITA I didn't even put it back in on my driver side when I was trying to mess with the window. The amount of difference I've noticed is zip. But hell maybe you'll get some good results! :cool:

when i used raam i used it on both the inside part of the outer door panel and the structure panel as well.

raam doesn't need heat or a roller either, plus it's 1/3 the price :shocked:

yeah i used that too great stuff. I'd reccomend it to the OP if you don't have enough dynamat to finish whatever you're doing.

It is done like this:

166133_100_full.jpg

166133_101_full.jpg

166133_102_full.jpg

166133_103_full.jpg

166133_104_full.jpg

:cool:

Well duh, what I was hoping for was some info on what sub it actually is. I would have thought a normal sub would be too deep for that application.

Ha sorry. I talked to SoundQ about this sub a while ago. There is some information about the specific sub and its depth if you go ahead and do a search about "fiberglass kick panels" or "kick panels".

It is a JL Audio 8IB4. 8" infinite baffle 4 ohm subwoofer.

I'll let those that have listened to the car (gave a lot of demos at SZ) comment on their performance. :)

It is a JL Audio 8IB4. 8" infinite baffle 4 ohm subwoofer.

I'll let those that have listened to the car (gave a lot of demos at SZ) comment on their performance. :)
you know what I think of your car. you are prob still getting drool off your seats lol

Back