• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hope it works out

RespectTheContour

Hard-core CEG'er
ok, so im trying to keep this on the "down low" haha, cause im trying to keep interest down to increase my chances....although its a long shot, but i was at a car show over the weekend and my buddy who has an '02 Saleen S281 told me to go onto saleen's website and look at the used vehicles up for sale....ive been in talk with saleen for the past two days about this car

Has less than 5K miles on it...the ONLY one ever made
Has not been driven over 30mph in years
Built back in '98
Says Supercharged on the back...not sure if it really is yet, im waiting on more pics (they sent me like 20 shots of the exterior)
Currently asking $20K
Located in CA where everyday the pull it out of the shop, into the parking lot where it gets covered
The guys at saleen are so cool and respond so fast

don't get me started on this.
haha
i made phonecalls and sent lots of emails.
needs a bunch of body work.
the front bumper CF is cracked in half and wont be easily fixed since its unpainted CF.
one of the rear bumper corners is mangled.
the guy at Saleen said it will take a lot to make it driveble!
he wouldnt get in to specifics though.
it hasnt been drivin anymore than from the garage to the parking lot in years.
as far as i know alot of the stuff for the sc install is still there.
like the intercooler.
he said they could get it road worthy but it would raise the price to a lot more than 20K
i offered around 5k and he denied me.
it isnt worth anymore than that.
sure its a one off, but its beat to hell.

i didnt know this thing had been up for grabs for some time now, i should have looked up on here first, haha, ya he sent me tons of pics...doesnt look the the cf is cracked, but the bumper certainly is...the car def is not worth the 20k they are asking...especially if it no longer has the s/c...im waiting on engine/interior pics to make an offer, the guy i spoke with said it would be a perfect canidate for an engine swap, but like elky said, did not get into details...i told the guy i was from MA and the more details the better, so we shall see, probably not gonna materialize into anything but i think the car is pretty badass

ok, so i am mistaken, i thought the CF was crakced.
i guess not.
but here are some pics of the damage to the car...
sal4.jpg

sal1.jpg

sal2.jpg

sal3.jpg

Last edited:
i am realizng how much i hate posting pics here now.
i liked it better when i left the
tags and didnt put the actual pic in the window when you are tryiing to type out a post.
blah

Back