• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hightower ? should i black out the signal reflector?

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
hightowers are leaking a bit and i know a way i can seal them better so im going to rebake them, and i notice a few pictures of guys with hightowers blacking out the reflector behind the turn signal...

is this legal? and will it pass saftey inspection?

anyone have a picture of what im talking about?

i believe SVT SNOBS old car had it thats where i first saw them.

You may have trouble getting it inspected. Personally, I think it looks alot better with the chrome reflector still there.

leave it as it is..and also you really have to know what your doing in order to achieve a 100% seal. Alot of people who do retrofits can point you at the right direction on how to do this, also alot of nissan/infiniti people use this OEM nissan putty sealant specificaly designed for the application on headlights.

These guys are really good. located in New York. They are really fast and very thourough. It there is any slight complication they either call you or email asap. I was really happy with them. They are coming to me now. I'll post pic's when I get them

These guys are really good. located in New York. They are really fast and very thourough. It there is any slight complication they either call you or email asap. I was really happy with them. They are coming to me now. I'll post pic's when I get them

TSX projectors! good job man!! :drool:

did they use custom brackets or just silicone everything up like mine were?

Looks like they are in VA to me :shrug:

How much did it run you? Did you supply any parts or did they do all parts and assembly?

TSX projectors! good job man!! :drool:

did they use custom brackets or just silicone everything up like mine were?

I couldn't tell you as of yet, I'll get back to you when I get them. I think they are in the post office now.

Looks like they are in VA to me :shrug:

How much did it run you? Did you supply any parts or did they do all parts and assembly?

My mistake, they are in VA. There phone number comes up as New York. Thats what threw me off. (Canadian caller ID is pretty much only good in Canada)

Well It ran me 500 (including shipping) and I supplied the oem lights. They did
- Removal / Assembly
- The washer mod (makes a blue tinge on the cut-off)
- Supplied the projectors (that was 50% of the cost right there 250 for projectors. If you have any projectors they will retrofit anything)
- Painted the housings
- Sealed it up using the nissan/silicone method
- Custom shroud they built in house.

Last edited:
Im not made of money or anything but that seems like a decent price, for what you get.....all with no worries and time a-wasted.

I would have liked to do the modifications myself, however I just don't have the time these days to be heavily modifying lights and trying to track down TSX projectors or parts. I figure 500 for the pair was well worth it. The best part is that they take the D2S type bulb so you can get those at any car dealer and not have to worry about trying to find (or buying) a rebased kit all over again.

Well It ran me 500 (including shipping) and I supplied the oem lights. They did
- Removal / Assembly
- The washer mod (makes a blue tinge on the cut-off)
- Supplied the projectors (that was 50% of the cost right there 250 for projectors. If you have any projectors they will retrofit anything)
- Painted the housings
- Sealed it up using the nissan/silicone method
- Custom shroud they built in house.

Ive heard good things about that, alot of people on g35driver use that, its oem for us. Anywho yea the washer mod def. brings out the color in the cutoff. Enjoy the sharp cutoff, and also get back to me on how they mounted the projector onto your headlight, or just ask them what they did. If they just siliconed everything on to your headlight, your doomed. :blackeye:

ask them and let me know man..

Back