• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hightower mod

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
ive been searching about it and find lots of debating. i was wondering if i just sand off the chrome which is better wetsanding or dry sanding. also will leaving it black be fine or does it fade? am i better off getting some kind of black paint for them?

ok. getting the headlights apart will a lil pita. took like 10 minutes of baking for each light to get it then another 10 just to get the grooves cleaned good enough. not as hard as i thought it would be tho.

ended up using chrome polish had some already. turned out great. the lenses are a little cloudy still but alot better then before. wasnt nearly as hard as i thought it would be to do just time consuming

Did you do any sanding on your lenses? I used 600 then 2000 and used 3M Rubbing compoud on a buffer then some plastx and they will shine up as much as you want

yea i did sanding from 400 800 1000 2000 and then plastx then a clear coat. the clear coat didnt work as well as i wish it did but they are alot better then before.

Like I said I used the Rubbing Compound after the 2000 and thats what made the biggest difference for me. Since you put clear on them your kinda in a bind because if you do anything now you have to go through that and then get to plastic.

Back