• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID question

imnotacop420

Squire of Awesome
so I have some projector fogs I want to put HID lights in. The fogs are for a H9 bulb, and the stock wiring is obviously for a 893 bulb. If I dont want to run the fogs off a seperate toggle switch, how can I connect the ballast into my existing wiring?

I havent used HID's before so maybe this is a dumb question. I would assume the bulb is 'threaded' to lock into a H9 housing. So would I just buy my ballasts and lights seperate? Get an H9 style bulb and then a 893 style ballast?

thanks!

my guess would be yes. the ddmtunging kits I have the harness plug for the stock wiring harness is with the lights. it appears not its intergrated into the ballast, but it appears any light can be attached to the ballast.

I just got the ddmtuning slim ballast kit for my truck in the mail yesterday, Ill have to open them up and take a look. On their site it looks like any bulb would plug into the ballast, I just figured it seemed to simple and there had to be more to it than that.

if its a plug and play kit then you shouldnt have problems...just connect it to the fogs and install them..

if its a plug and play kit then you shouldnt have problems...just connect it to the fogs and install them..

I have a set of the Pudmunkie projector fogs sitting in my garage, they take an H9 bulb

after looking at the set I just got for my DD i should be able to just get an 893 ballast and a h9 style bulb.

Back