• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Have a Quick question

RobsSVT

New CEG'er
i have look on the forum and couldn't find anything on it, but just need some more info on this and maybe john can help me explain it, but everyone i have talk to says when the LIM opens you should fill it, its a distinctive fill/sound.

But my 1999 SVT i don't fill or here anything, i don't have any check engine light the cars running great, there are opening and closing when there should (both side), just cleans the intake and the LIM spotless. so no blockage or build up, but what i am i missing.

any in put would help

Are you positive its opening? Maybe the connecting rod is disconnected. Have someone get in the car & rev it past 4k. U should see it open if its indeed functional.

i did but it opening just under 3,000 rpm it slaps open stays open intell the engine gets back down to around 2,000 rpm then closes

i have look on the forum and couldn't find anything on it, but just need some more info on this and maybe john can help me explain it, but everyone i have talk to says when the lim opens you should fill it, its a distinctive fill/sound.

But my 1999 svt i don't fill or here anything, i don't have any check engine light the cars running great, there are opening and closing when there should (both side), just cleans the intake and the lim spotless. So no blockage or build up, but what i am i missing.

Any in put would help

on my svt i can fill it open is like a boost of power next time u come over i can let you drive mine what cain of gas you running on YOUR BECAUSE I RUN PREMIUM I DONT KNOW IF THAT MAKES A DEFRENTS CHECK IT OUT

The way I see it. Depending on how much preload is on you IMRC cable will determine how it may feel. If preloaded well it will be a smooth transition when the PCM makes the timing an fuel adjustments. If your preload is not set well, them the PCM will adjust and the IMRC will then open creating the more pronounce feeling of a "kick".

You fill me?

The way I see it. Depending on how much preload is on you IMRC cable will determine how it may feel. If preloaded well it will be a smooth transition when the PCM makes the timing an fuel adjustments. If your preload is not set well, them the PCM will adjust and the IMRC will then open creating the more pronounce feeling of a "kick".

You fill me?

I see what you did there evan:)

I have all the slack taken out of my imrc via bending the bracket. When mine opens its like a small shot of NAWWZZZZZ.

This may or may not be true. However depending on the IMRC gives and receives feedback from the PCM. If the IMRC is off by split hair you might feel a "kick" If there opening in sync, you may not.

If you confirm they are working, why worry if there a kick or not? All I wrote was some brainstorming from my experience, I personally wouldn't mess with it in your situation.

Back