• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

H.I.D. Help

The "power supply" plug that plugs into the factory 9006 plug's + - wires were installed improperly and I simply had to switch them. Check to see if the negatives and positives line up properly whith the factory wiring harness when you hook up the kit. As far as never wanting to drive a car without HIDs thats for sure and yes I am already wanting HID fogs now that my headlights are functioning properly:D.

VVME Balast are made by hella... Maybe cheaply made, but hey as many others have said, cheap=cheap replacement parts. haha. I don't understand why people are having probs hooking up "Plug and Play" kits... You plug the factory headlight plug into the balast and then the red and black wires coming out of the balast into the HID's red and black wires and plug it into the headlight... If they don't work, flip your factory plug going into your balast, and shizzam!!! HID's! :laugh:

VVME Balast are made by hella... Maybe cheaply made, but hey as many others have said, cheap=cheap replacement parts. haha.

But in the long run you'll pay more and have a safety defect on your car when they burn out. haha.

I don't understand why people are having probs hooking up "Plug and Play" kits... You plug the factory headlight plug into the balast and then the red and black wires coming out of the balast into the HID's red and black wires and plug it into the headlight... If they don't work, flip your factory plug going into your balast, and shizzam!!! HID's! :laugh:

The problem is exactly what you said... they are "Plug and Play" and are expected to work without any modification. Me thinks Contours aint wired right :idea:

I bet there is a standard on which side gets the hot and which side gets the ground, but whoever did up the wiring on the Contour (don't blame the Germans, they use different wiring/sockets/lamps) disregarded that since it works just fine due to the electrical continuity a filament provides, but a diode blocks, which there are in an inverter such as which is included in a DC ballast.

... You plug the factory headlight plug into the balast and then the red and black wires coming out of the balast into the HID's red and black wires and plug it into the headlight... If they don't work, flip your factory plug going into your balast, and shizzam!!! HID's! :laugh:

Not everyone gets the same kits. I got black/blue wires. And flipping the plug is kinda tough when it clips just only one way. But with some modification, SHIZZAM!:laugh:

Back