• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group drive and dine

Group drive and dine

• Total voters

LauraSVT

I'm a dude, no really!
Hello all --

What's the consensus on a bunch of us getting the 'Tours, etc. together and taking a run down some New England country roads, then stopping for lunch and a cold beverage afterward? I've got some thoughts on where, but since I can't necessarily predict where everyone will be coming from, it seems best to throw it out there and see what comes back. I'm looking at Saturday, April 14.

Where were you thinking about going? And where are you from? A get-together is always a good time, but most of us need a little more advance. Also, the 14th might not be good for most because the UConn Car Show is the next day.

would be interested but with the Uconn show the next day it would have to be near to where I am ...

check out the event stick at the top of the page, if you want to plan and hold a meet go for it .... I put together the fall meet last year

Seems to me that most Contour folks in New England are in Mass and CT -- perhaps that's the best location. I'd fancy a run from George Waldo State Park near Berkshire and South Britain, down River Rd. to 816 to 34. 34 spits out near I-95, so we could run that into New London to a Tex-Mex joint called the Rio Grande. This is probably about 75 miles.

Perhaps y'all would sooner do a loop configuration. If that's the case, how about a lap of the Quabbin Reservoir, starting around Ware and looping up through Petersham on 32A, over the top in New Salem, then down 202 through Pelham. That's about 65 miles.

I don't normally coordinate flight plans for lots of people, maybe just myself and a passenger, so put your two cents in. If not April 14, perhaps the 28th.

BTW -- I'm from Mass -- up on the north shore.

The 28th would work better for me personally, but whatever you guys decide is fine with me.
A nice spring ride is a good idea, man, I can't wait to get my wheels back on, wash and wax the 'stique.:drool:

Ok -- the 28th it is. Let's get the route and restaurant nailed down by the end of this week so that folks can plan for it. If y'all like one of my ideas, well that's excellent. If not, let's hear it.

Ok -- the 28th it is. Let's get the route and restaurant nailed down by the end of this week so that folks can plan for it. If y'all like one of my ideas, well that's excellent. If not, let's hear it.

I'm on the fence LauraSVT depending on the route.

where in north shore? I work in Ipswich, ma...close???

Sure am. Beverly. Working in Ipswich must make for a nice commute. There's not much traffic there, ever. Bet you guys go for fried clams and fish and chips for lunch, eh? :cool:

Ok -- on the date -- Looks like 5/5 would be better for the Conn. folks. Question is, does that create a conflict for NH, Mass, RI, or anyone else? Y'all tell me. We could even go so far as to set up a poll, or I can start adding names to a list and post it.

Back