• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ground Controls since 2001.......

QA1 offers a boatload of spring rates and different height springs and such. As do other companies. And you can buy them through Jegs or Summit or ebay. 2.5" ID is a common size with coilover setups.

I've called them 3x over the past few days and no one has even picked up the phone or called me back :mad: :nonono:.

No one answered because the elves are in the back assembling your clutch as we speak. :laugh:

Seriously, who did you order it from?

Standard GC kit is as follows:

Front: GC150.64.92 6" @ 525lbs 2.5" ID (GC spec'd Eibach ERS Spring)
Back: GC230.64.49 9" @ 280lbs 2.5" ID (GC spec'd Eibach ERS Spring)

I have had 2 different rear spring rates already, and the 3rd setup that is NIB has a different number than the last two for rear springs.

What I just removed:
Front: GC150.64.92 Eibach 70810
Rear: 0800.250.0300 Eibach 50475

What I have NIB:
Front: GC150.64.92
Rear: have to check again

Some '99-'02 Cougar part numbers.
Front: GC150.64.92 Eibach 93542 (have also seen 282938)
Rear: GC230.64.49 Eibach 91666 (have also seen 29003)

Hmmm, Maybe when I said "standard kit" they make whatever they feel like at the time :)

Looks like what you removed from the back was 8" H, 2.5 ID, 300 rate. Not far off from what I have. Would have to go on the website to look up the other GC spec'd springs.

It's good to see that the fronts are all the same though.

Hmmm, Maybe when I said "standard kit" they make whatever they feel like at the time :)

Yeah, looks like GC is fond of 500# front and about 300# rear. When you order the 4015 Contour kit, they either ask you to request the rates you want, or give them a description of what you're doing with the car, and they'll pick some rates. I've emailed them and asked what they'd supply for rates and lengths if someone wanted to keep the car at factory ride height. I have a new set of Koni struts ready to go, let's see what they say.

^ good to know :cool:

It's strange to be this high up now :laugh: :eek:.

Here is my "stance" now with the H&Rs:

1214121255.jpg

1214121254.jpg

Always wanted ground controls, but never went through with spending that much on them. I ended up with a nearly 300 dollar set of drop springs for 75 shipped new instead. I honestly don't even know the brand but they seem to be decent, the company listed them only for pre98 mystiques, so I doubt they sold many sets. We will see how they hold up. I think they drop the car more than your H&Rs did too.

Also would like to put something different in the front of my Cougar though, sits way too high with the Bat kit under there.

Edit: it was these springs. Can't really go wrong for 75 shipped...
http://www.stsuspensions-store.com/products/st-sport-spring-kit-31.html

ST Suspension is owned by KW. ST's Coilover system is comparable to the KW variant 1, which is a legit product. I assume that there springs are just as good. Nice pick up! You should share some pictures with the members here. Alot of them probably dont know of the option, I know I didn't.

Blu- it just doesnt look right!

ST Suspension is owned by KW. ST's Coilover system is comparable to the KW variant 1, which is a legit product. I assume that there springs are just as good. Nice pick up! You should share some pictures with the members here. Alot of them probably dont know of the option, I know I didn't.

Unfortunately mine are not in the car yet, but my friend has the same set in his Mystique. Might see if I can dig up a pic. My car gets to wait until spring when I tear it all down for the 98 harness swap.

Pictures-13.jpg

Sorry for the threadjack Blu

Edit: I'm thinking these springs must be a discontinued item. My friend and I must have gotten the last 2 sets from the company.. I imagine with only listing them for the Mystique really hurt their ability to sell them.

I just hope I dont get old and uncool like Joe and have to raise my •••• up. :laugh: I love my Koni/GC setup.

I have a backup set :cool:. No worries :D.

I was hoping for a softer ride, but honestly the GCs and the H&R ride about the same :confused: :shrug:

What I heard was....I am putting my GC's back on and buying my Enkei's back!! :D You could go with softer spring rates for daily driving (of course I know you like to tow a semi trailer behind your tour and all...lol). So that would not help the rear issue you are already having. But if you stopped towing with it...you could get different rate springs. I love the firm tight feel my car has now...unreal. WAY better than the BAT kit even.

TourEnvy said:
Standard GC kit is as follows:

Front: GC150.64.92 6" @ 525lbs 2.5" ID (GC spec'd Eibach ERS Spring)
Back: GC230.64.49 9" @ 280lbs 2.5" ID (GC spec'd Eibach ERS Spring)

I have had 2 different rear spring rates already, and the 3rd setup that is NIB has a different numbers than the last two.

What I just removed:
Front: GC150.64.92 Eibach 70810
Rear: 0800.250.0300 Eibach 50475

What I have NIB:
Front: GC150.64.92 Eibach 139779
Rear: GC230.64.49

Some '99-'02 Cougar part numbers:
Front: GC150.64.92 Eibach 93542 (have also seen 282938)
Rear: GC230.64.49 Eibach 91666 (have also seen 29003)

^Updated the GC spring rates that are new in box.....

^ good to know :cool:

It's strange to be this high up now :laugh: :eek:.

Here is my "stance" now with the H&Rs:

1214121254.jpg

I measured the wheel well height yesterday and the front is about 1/4" higher than the rear, so it's not a perfect even wheel gap raked look, but pretty close. If PRT makes the GC/Koni camber plates, I will probably switch back .

Back