• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

got terminated today

loggerbomb

Hard-core CEG'er
so yeah i got "let go".

was told i no longer fit in with my previous employer's environment. Thats all the reason they gave me. Nothing happened to lead up to this or anything.

So I was just wondering if any of the locals around here, ie. Kitchener-Waterloo, Geulph, Cambridge, had any leads on job openings. Not too picky as to what the job is, just no McDonalds or Tim Hortons, thanks.

I dont think the fact I no longer have a job has sank in yet, more in shock. I mean I been there 4 yours and always thought Id be leaving on my own terms. Well maybe now I can go to school....

I'm sorry. :(
I'm sure bigger and better things await you.
I wish you the best.

It really depends on your qualifications as well.

I know Toyota was doing a massive hire for their Woodstock RAV4 plant a few weeks back. They were strictly doing an online process.

If you don't mind in-bound call centre stuff, Rogers might be a good avenue. The centre is in Kitchener.

There's also retail in the mall stores.

Sorry to hear that!

Sorry to hear that!

You will get something way better! sorry to hear the news :(
Good thing will come of it for sure :)
Cheers
Martin

thanks for the support, appreciated, I was looking to get out of there, but not in that manner!
The Toyota deal would be good, but theyre not actually going to be hiring people for quite some time yet, and while the application process was open I was still gainfully employed.
Im sure something will come up, timing was bad though, moving to waterloo Nov 10. Id rather them have canned me after I had moved.

What industry and what salary range are you looking for, remember you're not picky but you want something you're worth. Also look for somethign you can do that'll motivate you and allow you to basically have autonomy in your work.

Part-time, lots of opportunities, full time not so much so but look at Monster, Workopolis, but I always find that speaking directly with someone or meeting people who are in the industry is far quicker than a 'cold call.' Hope this helps. Sorry again about the lay off.

Sorry to hear about what happened, I've been there before.

If you are interested,check out Brafasco.That's who I work for right now. The pay is decentfor what the job is, and they are going to be expanding a lot in the next few years. I myself am hoping to be a manager in a year or so. Check it out, there is a branch in Cambridge, and in Kitchener as well.
All the best.

Husky is a really good employer as well, they're in Bolton and for full-time the pay and benefits are amazing. I should know I did an HR project on them :)

Back