• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

goodbye svt

shizapooh

CEG'er
theres a huge possibilty im getting a new ride. im thinkin of pickin up a Sentra SE-R spec v or a corolla XRS anyone have any input on these rides or anyone know any sick rides for around 10k.

i never thought i'd say this... but for 10grand, just pick up an srt4. especially if you don't care what people think about srt4 drivers;). besides, it looks better than both these cars if you ask me.

Last edited:
id lean towards an integra gsr or civic si... cuz the spec-V has problems with the screws holding the butterflies in place, if the screw falls out it could destroy the motor, also the precats are prone to breaking and possibly getting into the motor. the interior of the specV is also really cheap, the interior changes very little from the average sentra SE. but if you want something different i would go for an SRT-4 if you dont want a teg.

For 10 grand, I'd take and make one of the meanest contours. I know you want to get rid of it, but c'mon. DO It.

Otherwise, it'd buy a pretty sweet gsr or si. Probably already modded heavily.

meh .. I'd go with a 00-03 Maxima or 99-03 BMW 3-series with money left over for the necessary repairs.

honestly just keep the SVT and pocket the money for now. Your only what, 17 now? I know I sure didn't have 10 grand to throw around to buy a car at that age ....

The spec v is a very good every day car. It has also turned out to be a good autocross and rallycross car for me. I've driven a xrs before and it too is a good car. But it falls short on the spec v in the performance department.

honestly just keep the SVT and pocket the money for now. Your only what, 17 now? I know I sure didn't have 10 grand to throw around to buy a car at that age ....
i agree. however if you absolutly must have a different car AND have $10K to spend on one then you might look into the mazdaspeed protege as well. they are extremely similar to the contour, only they come with a turbo and are a blast to drive.

theres a huge possibilty im getting a new ride. im thinkin of pickin up a Sentra SE-R spec v or a corolla XRS anyone have any input on these rides or anyone know any sick rides for around 10k.

What a couple of turds both of those things are. I wouldn't spend $500 on either of them. Pick up something that a self-respecting man could drive.

mazdaspeed protege would be a great choice. thos things are a blast and you should get good mileage with it too

Back