• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good shop to change clutch

Torquemonster

CEG'er
Hi guys, what would be a very reputable shop in the Scarborough or Pickering area that might know the contours well. I need to swap a clutch on my SVT. I did it last time at Mr. Transmission. They did decent work but it was more expensive than I would have liked.

Anyway Mr. Transmission wants $625 labor and what ever the parts cost for doing the change. Not sure if thats a good price or not. I think this sounds a tad lower than last time. The clutch they suggested was a LuK which they said is a very good OEM. I've got a Sachs in the car now which I had them install last time (supplied my own parts). Its about 150,000K on that clutch and its getting to the end I think.

I got a quote from Donway Ford about a month ago and if I remember correctly it was just shy of $1000, including parts. I'm actually waiting for a confirmation on that and if sounds right my baby's going in today.
a

nvm that... they want 1360+tax now...

Last edited:
And you better be changing the slave (throw out bearing!) while in there. They're about $90 U.S.

they did all that. I think most contour kits come with the TOB in them. That was the problem all along... damn sleeve cylinder...
all fixed now.... have to get used to all that grip...lol

Labour? lol

Labour? lol

when we talked about it he said 790 and the parts were "around" 400. I ended up paying 750 and I think that's fair, considering that you have to drop the box.

Back