• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

glasspack with magnaflows

codypka

Veteran CEG'er
My current exhaust setup is completely stock with the exception of a glasspack where the resonator would be. It sounds great at WOT and higher RPM's but gets a little droney at lower rpms. If I added some aftermarket magnaflow mufflers or maybe some borla's, would this make is drone more? or would it do the opposite. I'm not neccesarily against going a little louder, but i dont want it to drone.

if anyone has any clips of a similar setup i would love to here it

btw the reason i'm asking is that all magnaflow mufflers are 30% off at amazon right now

find the dyno clip I posted of my SVT. it has a glasspak and magnaflow mufflers on it.

thanks man. car sounds mean, but its a little much for my taste. I think I'll stick with what i have, and just add some tips to make it look nice. maybe a BAT y-pipe in the future

thanks man. car sounds mean, but its a little much for my taste. I think I'll stick with what i have, and just add some tips to make it look nice. maybe a BAT y-pipe in the future

really, I think its good for a dd. it isn't that loud in the car itself. my other car with headers, optimized y-pipe, trubendz test pipe w/cat and the 2.5" resonated borla catback was alot louder. but it sounds really good also. not to bad in the car either.

Back