• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Full 3L with 65mm tb

sergiovbriones

Veteran CEG'er
What would I have to do to make the mustang 65mm tb work on my 3L intake manifold? I noticed that the taurus tb has a raised portion of the tb for a sensor, and the mustang doesnt have it. Do I just block that hole on the manifold?

That hole is for the IAC passageway.... I wouldn't block it off. There's really no good way to run a 65mm tb on an oval-port 3L UIM other than an ST220 UIM/TB.

You could possibly machine a spacer that had an air passageway cut into it and then routed to a line that tapped into the tube before the TB but I can't see the gains being worth the effort.

You could possibly machine a spacer that had an air passageway cut into it and then routed to a line that tapped into the tube before the TB but I can't see the gains being worth the effort.
Yeah, your right about that. SO nobody here has a 65mm with a 3L UIM?

It bolts on to either intake. The 3L intake has the issue with the IAC passage not being present in the 65mm. The SVT intake won't have that problem. On either intake you need to figure out the linkage. There have been threads covering the conversion so search around for them.

jaged and i have made adapters to adapt the 3l uim to a 65mm tb
this is what mine looks like
DSCN6898.jpg

DSCN6897.jpg

if your interested i can make you one. iv sold 2 of them

Back