• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy Fuel line adapter

squeek

Hard-core CEG'er
Not sure if anyone has one kicking around. I'm just looking for a NPG return style fuel rail adapter. To connect to a 04 Taurus rail. They never seem to answer at npg.

You can make your own for about $50. Just a block of aluminum with a couple of ports and one AN fitting. Even the AN fitting comes out at the wrong angle. It has a stock Ford pressure valve on one side and the AN fitting on the other. The fuel line has an AN fitting and a couple of feet of braided hose.

I am not sure how the company came to have so many problems, sad actually. Their new Turbo piping is a disaster and I believe my son has the ONLY one. We have not been able to install it because we don't have a big enough crow bar...

I have the stainless turbo piping from their first attempts. Every time I need to remove and install the turbo I have to get a giant crow bar to move the exhaust pipes around so the turbo will fit.

I really wish they would decide one way or another, either get back to answering phones or give it up to someone who cares about making something work. I understand there are not many Contour owners paying for anything but they do other vehicles also. There has to be some market for these.

That 3.5 block they offer was an interesting concept, not sure it will work long term but it showed they tried to find some Cubic Inches for these motors. I applaud them for their creativity. Too many people start projects and never finish them, this appears to be their business model. Start a bunch of things but never make them work is a good way to go out of business.

I have basically done that but I used a brass T. Cut the actual fuel rail in a couple of spots maintaining the fpr and the other maintaining the Schrader valve. Then used fuel line to construct a basic bypass. If push comes to shove I'll just try to make one from a block of aluminum.

i have one from npg. it works flawless. i dont know what you guys are talking about. and no its not for sale, its in my car

Not sure where this post has gotten into a discussion. But I'm fully aware of their page. I've emailed and called about ordering one but with no response. I simply posted asking if someone had one kicking around.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back