• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fog projectors!??

pithon987

Hard-core CEG'er
Is anyone on here running for projectors? I seen them custom made into the headlight but nobody has posted a pic of fog projectors, I might be getting some as a christmas gift to my car..... I think they would look hot!!! Any opinions?:cool:

yeah i think they would be nice, although i did the platinum burners from walmart mod, and they are great, very bright and look really sexy!

but as for the modded headlights with the projector's, it's actually FAIRLY simple as long as you take your time and carefully plan out how your going to install the projector into the headlight assy.

here's the link to the projectors that i've seen some people use for the headlight mod, http://www.amazon.com/Hella-90mm-Headlight-Connectors-Adjusters/dp/B000CSOH22/ref=pd_sim_dbs_auto_1

the ones i'm talking about are the Low Beam unit, you can find them on other sites and on amazon by itself as well... also i usually only see people use the projector for the low beam...

and lastly, the projectors link above, only has a halogen bulb in it... you can get the same ones with HID's but they are way more exspensive for that particular model....

hope this helps!

Drew

My bad, forgot elraido had these and sold some "el cheapo projectors too" anyone elso tho? Just the fog projectors tho I'm not wanting to do headlight projectors right now.....^

i'm not sure if i understand, but you can use these for the fog's as well (i'm pretty sure)...

you would just have to fab up your own mounting bracket, although i'm sure you could mod the stock one to have little supports to attach these projectors to them...

but never the less, the above mentioned projectors are the ones that most other members will recommend and/or used for both headlight and fog like applications...

Drew

I was thinking of doing fog projectors, but the price list I was gathering, I didn't exactly like it. I figured, I have hids in my lows that I see plenty fine. The fogs are almost just for show, so I was thinking of doing the proburners from walmart, because they have the clear glass lense, and then running 3000K hids for looks. BUT, if I'm feeling good about doing the projectors, I'll probably do it after January.

I'm doing it for looks right now because my black svt has some stock fogs that don't look to good, so I thought I'd just do some projectors for now...:cool:

Here are the fog lights guys, got them today but won't be installed until january when I get back.
SU1HMDAzODctMjAwOTEyMjEtMTYwNS5qcGc.jpg

Which projectors did you end up going with? Any other pics?
I got them from kfgracing or something like that, they were only like $70 bucks pretty cheap IMO :shrug: but they look good to me and put out better light than oem so on to the pics...
SU1HMDA0MjgtMjAxMDAxMjAtMTcxMy5qcGc.jpg

These pics were taken during the day so you can imagine the angel eyes being pretty bright, here's red ^ and blue....we'll just skip the other 5 colors...
SU1HMDA0MjktMjAxMDAxMjAtMTcxNi5qcGc.jpg

Anybody wanna see the night time pics post or pm me your email and ill send them.... (Much faster for me)

I got them from kfgracing or something like that, they were only like $70 bucks pretty cheap IMO :shrug: but they look good to me and put out better light than oem so on to the pics...
SU1HMDA0MjgtMjAxMDAxMjAtMTcxMy5qcGc.jpg

im doing this mod next i just bought a set of projectors but the ones you got look sick :cry: wish i looked at this earlier.... what size are those...cuz the projectors i got are 3.15 inches ,hopefully they fit good ..but the only got the cool blue ring (no red one (N) ) heres a pic ...and plz send me ur pics during the night id love to see them ... the projectors i jus got have H3 bulb hopefully there bright..:laugh: and hid coming soon too
http://www.ijdmtoy.com/ebay/Projector_Fog/CCFL_Projector/CCFL_Projector_Fog_01.jpg

Thanks, they are 4" and pm me your email address and ill send you pics!! These fogs also have green,cool blue,purple,pink and white. It also has a setting to where it changes from one color to the other.....

I realize I'm way late to the party, but FWIW I have the stock housings with the 3000K 35w Raptor kit from DDM Tuning. Cost my like $60 total and they're way, way bright. They're easily twice as bright as my stock headlights (which will be replaced on Monday with DDM Tuning 55w 6000k's :drool:).

Here's a pic of how they are right now:

IMG_3864.jpg

Brian

Back