• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fog lights

so I've had my se for some time know. i decided to get some fog lights, which i did because the car didn't come with any. my question is, how the hell do i turn them on:confused: i read on here that you pull the head lights knob towards you. i tried pulling it but it seems to be attached the it. nothings happens, no fogs :cry: kinda pulled a bit to hard that the panel detached a little:crazy:. can anyone help me out here. maybe there is a different way the se fogs turn on ?:confused:

You will need the factory headlight switch that actually pulls out ;).

i guess im taking a trip to the junkyard this weekend. :cool:quick question, do only certain models have it. ? do i just remove the one i have and put the new knob on and thats it?

you will swap that knob mechanism. Pull the lower dash panel (7mm bolts). Inscrew the t phillips screws holding the switch bezel to the dash. Pull the bezel straight out. The switch will be screwed with a phillips screw to the bezel. Swap and reverse process.

Just find a switch that turns 2 clicks to the right and then can be pulled out as well.

No problem! If you can't find one, I do have one I could sell. Send me a PM. Good luck!

Back