• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fog light wiring

98svtclone

CEG'er
so i am doing the svt swap and as you well know the front bumper has fogs, hondering if i can just get a switch with fog option or if i have to do some wiring. and if so what wires they might be. any posts will be helpful:help:

ok, you have to give it more then a hour for a response.

actually if you search you should find your answer.

you have to look at your car but it it never had fog lamps you have to add the switch and all of the wiring. years ago you could get the kits on ebay ....

well it does have the fog lamp harness/eiring/plugs for the fog lamps. but they just dont come on when you turn the lights on? and most times i get a quick response ....

well it does have the fog lamp harness/eiring/plugs for the fog lamps. but they just dont come on when you turn the lights on? and most times i get a quick response ....

The light switch pulls out for fogs when you get it turned to the right for headlights. If it doesn't, you'll need to replace the headlamp switch with a fog-light capable switch.

if it has the connectors for the fogs then chances are all you need is the correct headlight switch and the fog light relay (the socket for the relay is likely to be tapped up under the dash behind the headlight switch).

I have the relay, and the headlight switch with fog light option. PM me if you want them.

Back