• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

focus svt zetec in contour??

I would say it isn't worth the work. iirc the SVT focus used a intake system like the duratec so you would need all the wiring, pcm, etc to make it work.

you can just use an RPM switch to trigger the IMRC. however, you would also have to swap oil pans and the exhaust manifold as well as figure out how to deal with the VCT being on the intake cam.

you can get to similar HP by swapping the intake manifold in, installing a header, exhaust, CAI, UDP, and a tune. or just go ITBs.

It'd be cheaper/easier/better to just buy a Focus Zetec, put on a FRPP head, and do the Focus SVT Intake manifold with the RPM switch. Then get a nice shiny Cougar SS Manifold.

Like Striker said, ITB's would be better than the SVT IM. Or you could go with the matching FRPP intake manifold

BTW, I've thought about it...and I have an '00 Focus Zetec and a FRPP head in my garage. ;)

HTH,
BP

Anything is possible, but the question is, "is it worth it?"

I've read of SVT Focus engines in ZX2's and have also seen the SVT Focus 6-speed tranny swapped in place of a MTX75. For the money and time you could more easily build the hell out of a regular zetec and have a much stronger and most likely better performing setup, depending on how you build it.

I would think your better off swapping in a csvt engine in than an fsvt engine. The csvt engine would be alot easier and also alot cheaper. Not to mention the fact that the torque provided by the v6 compared to the 4cyl. will be alot better for the heavy contour.

I would think your better off swapping in a csvt engine in than an fsvt engine. The csvt engine would be alot easier and also alot cheaper. Not to mention the fact that the torque provided by the v6 compared to the 4cyl. will be alot better for the heavy contour.
its far more work to drop the V6 into a Contour that came with the Zetec than you realize. you pretty much have to replace the whole front clip (except for body panels) so you better have a donor car to get everything you would need.

I'm doing it or will be once the body work get finished on my car.
I have a complete SVTF engine, wiring harness, PCM, trans and all linkage sitting in storage.

I don't know if I'll be able to use the trans as of yet or if I'll be using the rod shift MTX-75. I've had all of this this longer then I have had my current contour so I might as well use it for something.

Mark

I'm doing it or will be once the body work get finished on my car.
I have a complete SVTF engine, wiring harness, PCM, trans and all linkage sitting in storage.

I don't know if I'll be able to use the trans as of yet or if I'll be using the rod shift MTX-75. I've had all of this this longer then I have had my current contour so I might as well use it for something.

Mark

That all going into the CEG project car then?

thats the plan. Granted the MT285 trans is up in the air depending on shift linkage as well as CV shafts which may have to be custom made.

Mark

Mark

The SVT Zetec really needs that 6-speed to do its thing. The torque curve is REALLY peaky, so it needs those short gears to stay on a boil, or it bogs REALLY BADLY. If there is any way to make the Getrag work, DO IT.

it bogs in stock form as it is (keep in mind I used to have one while I worked at SVT) LOL! so either route I take will see some sort of artificial aspiration.

Mark

Cool! It's good to see more than a couple people with Zetec mods in mind. :cool:

BTW, I just dropped $2800 on a new mattress, so everything is on hold yet again. :cry:

BP

I'm sure its possible since I've seen it doen in a ZX2. However, unless you get the engine for a cheap price, is it worth it? It didn't cost me all that much to make my ZX2 put down 167 HP at he wheels and the SVT Focus puts down about 145 HP at the wheels. A regular ZX2 or Focus with bolt ons and tuning put down the same power to the wheels as a SVT Focus. A Countor Zetec with similar mods should make about the same power.

You also need to rig up an RPM activated switch to make the intake manifold of the SVT focus work properly or else you'll have power issues.

It would be a lot easier to get the regular Zetec up 40 more BHP. A header, chip, and intake could do that.

Back