• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Flooring it on the highway, no pickup is it IMRC?

m4gician

Hard-core CEG'er
Okay well here's the thing I'm going about 100km/h (60mph) and I decide hey I'm in a lane that's going to end, better floor it and get ahead of the next car, so I drop the hammer, I put my foot to the ground and guess what, NO FREAKIN PICK UP. Is that because of the IMRC that needs fixin, is it because I didn't have premium in the car? My tire pressure is good, the tires themselves are good. It's just my car didn't want to go any faster than 120 and the rpms wouldnt go any higher than 4000ish, :s what do I need to do here? Or is it just me driving during hte morning rush that makes everything seem slower (you guys know it, driving at night is faster than during the day).

Is that 120 MPH or 120 KPH?

If it is 120 MPH I'm sure that you hit the speed limiter.

If it is 120 KPH then indeed you may have some tune problems. I don't think it would be the IRRC or you would have the CEL on. Could be dirty air filter, worn plugs, dirty injectors, carbon shrouded valves, or any of several other things. Are you up to date on all of that maintenance?

not of all of 'that' maintenece. I have to replace the plugs soon, and i'll run some injector cleaner. What else would I need to do and yes it's 120km/h, :s and I'll get me a K&N filter installed.

okay well replaced the air filter with a stock air filter and guess what, a lot more pick up :). Going to be changing the plugs and either putting a K&N drop in, or the slightly more expensive alternative the K&N filter + the MAF adaptor + MAF gasket :s + a $50 heat shield.

Do you have a CEL? My Mystique lost power from a failed O2 sensor. I think I will check the air filter on mine..

Back