• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally into the 12's

Ok well it wasn't a contour, and it wasn't even me. It was my friends mach1, he has a couple of bolt ons (intake exhaust) and 4.10's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_zD6QnuMPE
I'd suggest higher quality playback.
He had a best of 12.7 that day...seems pretty good to me :shrug:

sheesh. dont scare me like that. i thought for a second josh had completed his project or sumthn.

Oh heh no its at Sacramento Raceway in CA. I was just there for the past month untill the summer semester started, now I'm back in UT.

hes running regular street tires in the front ( i forget which brand) and DOT approved MT's (rears), which are nearly slicks but still streetable. manual tranny.

That got me all excited and such. Now I have to hear about yet another Mustang that's faster than all of us:rolleyes:

:laugh:

Tell him congrats! Those are good times!

DOT approved MT's (rears)... manual tranny.
You can tell he's hooking up pretty well. Good consistency for a manual trans too. Overall, I'm impressed at 12.7 with those few mods. Even without the MT's he should still be at worst, low-13's, I would expect.

There are a bunch of Mazdaspeed6's hitting the 12's as well..... Some new cars are neat!

My mods are at the time of the video:
JLT Intake,
PHP Spacer,
SLP X-Pipe,
Magnaflow Catback,
4.10's,
31 spline axles,
Auburn ECTED Differential,
Dyno Tune,
17x9 in front w/ 245/45/17's,
17x9 in back w/ 26x10.5x17 MT ET Streets,
and no spare tire/jack

Here are the mods for those who are wondering.

Good run and nice car.
Sounds about right for a full bolt-on Mach with a good driver.
Those are fun cars, I was impressed with the one I drove.
-J

Back