• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Film Type Antenna?

PhoenixSVT

New CEG'er
So my antenna dies today (broken mast cord) and I've ordered a replacement mast via ebay (Metra doesn't make a replacement and I'm not paying Ford pricies).

I've been thinking about this for a while and just haven't had the reason to try...Film Type Antenna. Such as the XO Vision AN700. I would love to be able to get rid of the exterior antenna, fill the hole and and have a clean rear quarter. Film Type and and other "hidden" types work well for VHF/UHF mobile TV applications I just haven't herd much about FM/AM performance.

A couple of Web vendors sell the XO for 39.95 and I was going to order one and work with it. Anyone try one of these types in a Contour? Pros? Cons?

Where would you put it? Would the rear defroster not interfere with it? I know on my aunts she has it on a rear window, but she has an SUV, it was a rear window, out of the way. I've seen the "film" antennas on a lot of cars, they seemed to work just as well.

I was thinking of mounting it just above the Rearview mirror. It will all depend on the size of the antenna folls when laid out.

Back