• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fast and Furious - Connecticut Style

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/illegal-street-race-broken-up

Hamden, Conn. (WTNH) - Police in Hamden broke up an illegal street race early Sunday morning.

It happened at the Route 40 connector around 12:45am. When police arrived they found about 50 vehicles blocking the eastbound portion of the highway. As officers approached, the vehicles sped away at high speeds.

Two were arrested at the scene and charged with breach of peace. Their names have not been released.

Police gave chase to one of the vehicles, which was traveling at about 120 miles per hour. They had to use stop sticks to disable the car and make the arrest. The suspect, 19-year old Martezz Banks of New Haven, fled on foot before he was finally taken into custody.

Banks is facing a slew of charges including reckless driving, engaging an officer in pursuit and operating without a license.

MateezBanks_streetracer_20101018160150_640_480.JPG

The forum I found this on someone posted this. Thought some might laugh at it.
Twikm.gif

I don't get the map, but that's probably because I didn't see all of the movies, right?
(I think I only saw the 2nd one)

I don't get the map, but that's probably because I didn't see all of the movies, right?
(I think I only saw the 2nd one)

has nothing to do with the movies.

fairfield county is the most expensive area of CT because of NYC. There is a large difference in cost and pace of life between there and any other part of the state. well for the most part. Areas like Avon and West Hartford are expensive, relatively also, but you get the point I hope.

haha that map is funny. People from far far away always assume CT is all "Fancy" *sad trombone* I'm def stealing that map btw.

I like this guy's comment:

"we used to drag race in bridgeport on the 25-8 connector in the 70's before it was competed and connected into i-95. my bro hit 140 one night, lost control, flew a couple hundred feet into the air and crashed through the old Ann's bakery on Main St. Those were the good old days and no cops ever got involved. "

yeah sounds like really good days flying a few hundred feet into the air. what an idiot!

this one's good too:

"I'm betting the cops' Crown Vics completely destroyed the tarted up and blinged out Civics and STIs these losers were driving. "

Yeah, I get the same reaction from people everytime I travel. "Ohhhh, Connecticut, eh? You must be pretty well off?" :nonono:

Or the assumption that CT doesn't have "summer" weather. I traveled to Florida a few times, and everytime I told them CT when they asked where I live, they go "You must not be used to this weather at all. It's gotta be a shock for you" Me - "Um no, actually when we left it was hotter and more humid than it is here in Miami" Them - :confused:

I hit up The Pike a few times this summer after not going for a few years. I couldn't believe how many cars still show up and how many people are still into the street racing scene. Even my local Wendy's and Taco Bell parking lots are turning into ricer central. I found it packed with cars at like midnight in the middle of the week.

Yeah, I get the same reaction from people everytime I travel. "Ohhhh, Connecticut, eh? You must be pretty well off?" :nonono:

Or the assumption that CT doesn't have "summer" weather. I traveled to Florida a few times, and everytime I told them CT when they asked where I live, they go "You must not be used to this weather at all. It's gotta be a shock for you" Me - "Um no, actually when we left it was hotter and more humid than it is here in Miami" Them - :confused:

I hit up The Pike a few times this summer after not going for a few years. I couldn't believe how many cars still show up and how many people are still into the street racing scene. Even my local Wendy's and Taco Bell parking lots are turning into ricer central. I found it packed with cars at like midnight in the middle of the week.

I wish we had some excitement like that up in my neck of the woods.

has nothing to do with the movies.

fairfield county is the most expensive area of CT because of NYC. There is a large difference in cost and pace of life between there and any other part of the state. well for the most part. Areas like Avon and West Hartford are expensive, relatively also, but you get the point I hope.

yeah I did understand that part, I just wondered if it somehow tied into a movie reference just the same.
thanks

CT is just like any other state. crap areas and nice areas :shrug:.

this is true. but there a a big difference in the pace of life between fairfield county and the rest of the state. but I suppose its the same between NYC and the rest of NY.

what blows my mind is how many people like country music in CT and also how often I see confederate flags on people's trucks in the "not fancy" parts. Really? A confederate flag? In the northern part of the 13 colonies? Gimme a break faux hillbillies.

what blows my mind is how many people like country music in CT and also how often I see confederate flags on people's trucks in the "not fancy" parts. Really? A confederate flag? In one of the 13 colonies? Gimme a break faux hillbillies.

lmao. its so true .....

CT is loaded with rednecks. My old neighbor's son across the street from my mom's house thinks he's a redneck. He always looks like he just got back from huntin', always has friends over with POS trucks and Jeeps but the rest of his family is nothing like him.

I took a picture but I think it got deleted by accident. One of his buddies drives a bright green mid-90's F-150 and he was hauling around (for a full summer) a love seat in the bed with SVT stitched into the cushions. :laugh:

Ugh, out of all the different types of people I can lump together and blindly dislike based on stereotypes alone, I think "Northeastern Redneck" is my most hated. I was at a party a few months ago with alot of blue collar types fitting this description and they were dropping hard N's like it was going out of style. I almost forgot which side of the mason dixon I was on, I was so surrounded by hillbillies.

Slightly back on topic, I can't believe people still have Shocker stickers on their car too. 2004 called....

Colchester's theme song:

"I drive a big truck!
I like to go fast!
I make lots of smoke!"

I'm surrounded by self-proclaimed inbred hicks.

Back