• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Facebook

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I'm seeing a huge decline in posts on the forums and this is not good. I know a lot of you are on Facebook and it's a fun place to hang out and discuss the platform with no "rules". What you are forgetting is it will eventually kill off this great forum and keep new members from signing up if they don't see anything new and exciting here. Check out the Spring Zing section, what a joke! We use to have pages of pictures for members to see to get them interested in going to SZ and meeting these crazy people!

Facebook is not a place to store information or to search for anything to help members. It's just a ticker and "I want it, and I want it now" for this new generation. Do you guys remember when you made a troubleshooting post and waited 30 whole minutes for someone to reply?!?!? :laugh:

We need to do everything we can to keep this forum because once it's gone, that's it.

PLEASE, if you have a new picture, new mod, troubleshooting issues, general questions, post them here on CEG. Even if you posted on Facebook already, copy the text and any pictures and post them here.

/rant

-blu

I joined a few years back but never posted myself.all the contour forums seem to be dying and I think more and more SVT's are ending up in the salvage yards.I rarely see SVT contours here in the clinton township, mi area.

Do you guys ever do big meetings or gatherings or any sort? (not that I would take my terrible looking contour svt to a meeting lol)

Do you guys ever do big meetings or gatherings or any sort? (not that I would take my terrible looking contour svt to a meeting lol)

^ This is exactly why I made this thread, the new-ish guy doesn't even know we just had our BIG annual Contour meet?!?!?!? :mad: CEG is losing so much interest lately that we had to combine our Spring Zing with the Mercury Cougar's "Cougar Fest"!

There was a car show, awards, raffle prizes, road rally, drag strip, parts flea-market, auto-x, pool and parking lot shenanigans, and tons of other stuff! 3-4 day event actually.

PS, this is not just a SVT site. It is for everything related to Ford Contours and Mercury Mystiques. I understand most are hitting the junk yard these days and that's another reason to keep this site going. It helps people fix up and enjoy their cars again. My 1995 Contour just won "Best of Show", anything is possible with these cars :cool:.

^ This is exactly why I made this thread, the new-ish guy doesn't even know we just had our BIG annual Contour meet?!?!?!? :mad: CEG is losing so much interest lately that we had to combine our Spring Zing with the Mercury Cougar's "Cougar Fest"!

There was a car show, awards, raffle prizes, road rally, drag strip, parts flea-market, auto-x, pool and parking lot shenanigans, and tons of other stuff! 3-4 day event actually.

PS, this is not just a SVT site. It is for everything related to Ford Contours and Mercury Mystiques. I understand most are hitting the junk yard these days and that's another reason to keep this site going. It helps people fix up and enjoy their cars again. My 1995 Contour just won "Best of Show", anything is possible with these cars :cool:.

Aw dang it. Any idea when the next one might be? I use to own all b-body cars and the impalass forum stays pretty active everyday but after owning a different contour and coming to the check the site on and off again there is just never enough activity. IF i keep my old rusty contour svt I will try to post random things related to the cars on this site. Thanks for the heads up!

I posted a very similar rant on NECO a few months ago.

Being at Zing/Fest, especially looking at the Cougars in attendance, it's very clear who has had their cars for a long time and taken good care of them, and who has just bought one in the past couple of years that came with a lot of abuse and baggage to deal with. A lot of us old timers really take it for granted that we have a nice clean interior or engine bay, because it's always been like that. By the same token, these noobs don't even know what a nice clean engine bay looks like because this bird's nest that they are looking at is all they've ever known, and we just sit in our towers and keep to ourselves. If we wish for the next generation to take a little pride and aim a little higher, we need to set the bar.

Some of those people i don't even think they are registered here. - Possibly don't know the site exists.

Lots of dumb questions too. Whats my bolt pattern ect.

Some of those people i don't even think they are registered here. - Possibly don't know the site exists.

Honestly beans, i recently came to the conclusion that if this site has any chance of survival, we old timers probably need to start answering those questions all over again. Once i get my baby installed with the new goodies, i'll be posting photos. And my car is inspirational. Always has been:D. Every time i post photos, i get a bunch of msgs asking about one one-off part or the other, or what i did to get her there.

I like that there is a forum for these cars, but I just have never been able to get into this forum. There isn't a very big local scene, and there is hardly ever meets close enough that I can make it to. I am the chapter President on one of the Taurus forums and I make sure there is at least one meet every year, sure its usually only 4 or 5 people and we don't all drive Tauruses or Sables anymore but its the point of having the meet and having fun. I have never felt truly welcomed here, most of the time when I post things I will get maybe one reply, and then it never gets followed up on. Also email notifications (which I rely on heavily) do not work! The Taurus forums I always get lots of replies, and quickly, and that are useful, intelligent, and helpful. I don't get that vibe around here. That right there has pushed me away and that is why I am very inactive on this forum. I come here only when I really need some help, and most of the time I bring my Contour issues to the Taurus forums because I get more helpful answers there. I wanted to make it to Zing/Fest in the Cougar this year but financial and other issues prevented it. Now I have a running Contour again, and the Cougar of course, so I will do my part in trying to be more active.

Of course this is just my 2 cents.

Yes, there are alot of people that have no idea that this forum even exists. I have posted more then one in the SVT Contour group to "go check CEG" or "search on CEG" etc, and people have replied "What is CEG?". I remember one person "arguing" back and saying he could surf the web from his crappy phone that barely had an internet connection anyway .....

There have always been "dumb" questions over the years. I think its in part to much younger owners now being able to afford SVTs, etc. So the basic questions are now asked more often. Definately stems from people not being as mechanically inclinded and not wanted to at least try to get an answer to there question first before asking it.

I like that there is a forum for these cars, but I just have never been able to get into this forum. There isn't a very big local scene, and there is hardly ever meets close enough that I can make it to. I am the chapter President on one of the Taurus forums and I make sure there is at least one meet every year, sure its usually only 4 or 5 people and we don't all drive Tauruses or Sables anymore but its the point of having the meet and having fun. I have never felt truly welcomed here, most of the time when I post things I will get maybe one reply, and then it never gets followed up on. Also email notifications (which I rely on heavily) do not work! The Taurus forums I always get lots of replies, and quickly, and that are useful, intelligent, and helpful. I don't get that vibe around here. That right there has pushed me away and that is why I am very inactive on this forum. I come here only when I really need some help, and most of the time I bring my Contour issues to the Taurus forums because I get more helpful answers there. I wanted to make it to Zing/Fest in the Cougar this year but financial and other issues prevented it. Now I have a running Contour again, and the Cougar of course, so I will do my part in trying to be more active.

Of course this is just my 2 cents.

Very well said. I registered on this forum a few years back and just recently decided to give this forum a shot. I'm in no way or shape or form a mechanic but I don't mind getting my hands dirty. Over the last few days I've spent time searching numerous things and cane back with a lot of threads that were unanswered or that only had a few replies. Also there is nor enough visual how to's I know people have lives but if I knew half the things some of you know I would post pics, edit, and create threads pertaining to all the common woes of these vehicles. I'm sure some have bonded really well on this site and if someone needed a part I had or a helping hand in down!

what about responding to peoples questions with a link to a CEG thread discussing the topic?

I don't really keep up with the facebook page, you can only see so many painted stock wheels and plastidipped parts

^hahahahaha 100% truth!

I try to link old threads to new members questions as much as I can.

Joe you have a good point. I'll admit, i'm very active on the FB pages, and have dropped off here a bit, but I have posted about a show next weekend in Harrisburg, Pa which used to be a pretty decent meet a few years back. I also posted pics from Carlisle, and just typed up a how to for a CAI install. Ill work on posting everything I do on here as well.

Quite honestly, it pisses me off to see how much CEG has gone down the drain since ive joined in 2007. The number of meets, and the number of cars at those meets have basically fallen off of the face of the earth, and id love to help make this group make a comeback!

I am very active on Facebook, sometimes here it seems people get a little more pissy about the stupid questions I just try to help out. But yes as Malcolm said you can only take so much plasti dip and painted black wheels. I have learned a lot from these forums. Just seem not to have any following any more or everyone wants everything right now asap. Seems to be the new generation and sadly I am in the new generation but do not look at having everything done right now. I try to meet up with fellow owners and I know a few of you personally and work on some of your cars at that.

I'm new to the forum, and new to being a CSVT owner as well. I love the forum, I'm just not posting much right now, as I'm doing the things you guys all did years ago... and I know on some forums you get blasted with "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!" Unfortunately, with so much archived, it's hard to find some of these things, ie. throttle body optimization. I know I'll be posting more as I start doing more things to my car, but I have to actually be able to find the parts first before I can reach out for help! It's seemingly impossible to find parts in MI and the surrounding area!

Back