• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

EO calipar retaining clip

troll96se

Veteran CEG'er
where in the hell do i get the retaining clip from? advance auto shows all contour clips as the same...both of mine fell off so i need something.

Someone said a ford escape used one similar once. But I would look at the Mazda 3 brakes. My wife has a 08 with the large brakes (can't fit under 16in wheel) and Does the size and shape of the pads look like EO brakes?. I like that her caliper is cast with FOMOCO imprinted on it. I did a search on Rockauto and the mazda brake is the same on a couple of cars look up the centric rebuild kit 14334022. It is listed for the VW eurovan, Volvos, and even BMW.

I have looked at my 99 Explorer with its 2 piston calipers and thought about making them work on contours. The rotor is near the same outside diameter. Not aluminum calipers but cheap at the JY. Would these be a good choice if brackets were made? Looks like there might be a possible market for them?
rsz_0506121337..jpg
rsz_0506121339a..jpg

Not sure what they look like on the E0 but considering only things on front calipers of a non-SVT and E1 SVT are 2 springs IIRC, try www.rockauto.com go to 1998 Ford Contour 2.5L V6 under Disc Brake Hardware kit and scroll down to second to last, should be a Raybestos part # H5622A has a picture, says it's for front, with 2 anti-rattle clips that are not shaped like the rear caliper ones. That should be what you need. If you click the part number it shows what other vehicles use that kit, which looks like 2003-2004 Focus, as well as a Taurus and lincoln continental and a Mark 8 so you should be able to find different makers under those models/year cars.

the e0 uses a calipar sourced from ford of europe, non of the other tour/cougars use it. the ones advanced/auto zone shows for the e0 are just standard tour/e1 brake anti rattle clips.

Back