• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

engine finally went tonight in my contour svt

I will be going with the 3.0 swap and need to know if there is anyone in the midwest in this forum that can handle this? If possible i'd like to have someone that has done a few of these to take care of mine. I hope I've posted in the right place. My hands are shaking like mad as I try to type this out. but its my fault and its time to pay the price. I didn't notice my car overheating and there went a bearing. It overheated because the water pump belt broke. I didn't notice it overheating because i did't replace the bulb behind the temp gauge. i feel like a dumb ass. If anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

thanks in advance

I'm sorry to hear that man. I feel for you. Calm down, breathe, & get some sleep. In my experience, problems always seem to be less daunting in the morning. Try placing an ad in the midwest forum. Go to the forums homepage & scroll down towards the bottom. U'll see the Midwest section.

Ok! New day and still pissed! Now time to get focused on fixing her. Mn! Damn that would be a couple long drives on top of a 3000 dollar price tag from the looks of it? At the moment If my heads are Ok I plan on just going with the 3L block with 2.5 everything else. I Had my 95 done this way but tuning became a problem with that thing. Seems like the most cost effective method since I really don't care about the horse power or torque. I love the contours because the looks. I have my Ninja for speed. You guys on this site have always been top notch at helping through these problems and i appreciate it.

Go full 3l... Maybe im biased lol I like seeing not stock under the hood.

i'd rather keep the engine bay the same. I am leaning towards 3.0 port matched. I haven't been able to find where to look at the npg adapters though?

do you know how to install a motor? maybe I could prep one for you and ship it over there.

8hr drive give or take, rent a u hull truck and trailer drive up for a few days and visit MOA and such and drive your contour home

Back