• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

egr tube temp

shanes98csvt

CEG'er
how hot does the tube from the header to the egr valve get? i need to extend my tube and someone suggested hi temp silicone hose. i found online stuff that resists up to 500deg. is that enough?

Looking at your pics from your build thread it looks like maybe something like THIS will work. Not sure if the mustang has the same size and pitch but maybe worth a shot. Or bring me the tube and we can weld on a extension. Or Some stainless flex tubing. I would think the silicone hose would not handle it. I seen mustang intake spacer kits that come with a silicone hose for extending the egr tube and they tend to leak over time.

Are you talking about the tubes that run from the egr pipe to the dpfe? The high and low-pressure lines for the sensor? If so you can get hoses off a focus that has the DPFE mounted on the firewall and cut them to length. If not, disregard. :)

You could add length by hacking up two EGR tubes and welding one of them up. I've had EGR tubes welded up for the full 3L swaps before. It's thin material but an experienced welder could do it. I don't think I'd trust high temp hose. That tube should go above 500F.

Back