• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Edead - V.1 or V1se2?

G Stone

CEG'er
Getting some sound deadening for the Accord as it sounds like my truck is going to rip off (most awful rattling ever). Just wondering what would be better to get. I know the V1se2 is twice as thick. The v.1 is selling for 1.00 per ft and the v1se2 is going for 1.65 per ft. Just wondering which one I should get. Prolly gonna order tonight. Thanks in advance!

get the good stuff. If you end up buying the thing stuff, your just going to end up putting on another layer and costing yourself more in the long run.

get the good stuff. If you end up buying the thing stuff, your just going to end up putting on another layer and costing yourself more in the long run.

What it the "good stuff?" I've thought of using a deadening material for my trunk to get rid of that awful rattling sound. There is a trunk set out there but not sure if its worth it.

Okay, I bought the V2se1, the thinnest one. I bought 40ft of it and already put probably 25 in my car. If I would give one bit of advice it would be to get the thicker one. This stuff is thin, duck tape thin. It seems to have worked pretty well on my trunk lid (I put 4 layers on it). My friend has dynamat and said this stuff was very thin compared. Seems to work well for now though.

Back