• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ebay turbo

cjmahone66

CEG'er
what am i missing here? do these things just come with tubing that has to be fabbed up for your application?
i don't see any turbo oil line in the pic, or BOV, or manifold. but it still seems too good to be true even if all you got was the turbo its self and the intercooler.
please don't beat me up about this- i'm just trying to figure out what game they're playing. :blackeye:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5196a0bc8f

Stay away. You'll have to fab up all the piping yourself with that kit. The turbo will be crap, the seals will go out in a few hundred miles, etc, etc.

I drove all of last year on an Ebay turbo and ran 13's with it, without issue. If you do end up needing seals or bearings in it, it is cheaper to buy a rebuild kit and put the parts in the Ebay turbo then it is to buy a name brand turbo refurbished. I still don't have any shaft play in the turbo and it spools up just fine. I know of several people running Ebay turbo's without issues. You do occasionally get one that is total junk, but, at this price you can buy four of them before you would break even with the cost of a name brand.

I drove all of last year on an Ebay turbo and ran 13's with it, without issue. If you do end up needing seals or bearings in it, it is cheaper to buy a rebuild kit and put the parts in the Ebay turbo then it is to buy a name brand turbo refurbished. I still don't have any shaft play in the turbo and it spools up just fine. I know of several people running Ebay turbo's without issues. You do occasionally get one that is total junk, but, at this price you can buy four of them before you would break even with the cost of a name brand.
Wow, I never heard a success story with one of those eBay kits before. Though if you were able to fabricate the piping, or use parts from the NPG/ADC kit, I guess it may be possible. That's pretty awesome. Do you remember the specs of the turbo?

Wow, I never heard a success story with one of those eBay kits before. Though if you were able to fabricate the piping, or use parts from the NPG/ADC kit, I guess it may be possible. That's pretty awesome. Do you remember the specs of the turbo?

I bought just the turbo. I built my own kit. It is just a knock off of a TEo4 turbo. It cost me $250 shipped.

As for the engine inhaling shards, that would be hard to do since it would have to go through all of the charge piping and the FMIC to get to the throttle body.

Ebay turbo's are hit and miss I have had some that lasted a year and others a matter of days lol.. Your best bet would be to buy the ebay kit for the 400 use the piping, intercooler, feed, and return lines. Maybe a few other things to, put the turbo up for sale on craigslist and make some money back, then go buy a legit turbo. Forced performance sells very nice turbos with excellent spool time and boost capabilities..

Back