• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

E0 dash swap into an E1 questions...

Kilroy

CEG'er
I've had an E0 dash to swap into my 99 SVTC for almost two years now... my car is currently sitting due to needing the brakes redone on it and while I'm waiting on brake pads and I had another car to drive I thought now would be the best time to do the swap finally. I got the old dash out late last week and swapped the harness over to the E0 dash and decided to put it back in today as I had a friend that could help me... this is where things got interesting.

The dash went in to place for the most part, but it's not lining up like it should be to where you can bolt it back into place. I know the driver's side of the dash back behind the lower knee and headlight/mirror panel are different, as the E0 dash has a metal bracket that is pop riveted in that wasn't on the E1 dash that came out. Do you need the metal dash support out of an E0 car as well or are they all the same from year to year? The dash is close to going in but it seems like almost none of the bolt holes will line up properly to attach the new dash to the support.

I'm sure this has been done before... a search before I posted this didn't turn up what I was looking for so any and all help would be appreciated. I'm also going to need the lower knee guard panel on the driver's side (below the steering wheel) as I have discovered those are different between E0 and E1 dash panels. I knew the gloveboxes and airbag cover/side vent were different to which I have all of that... I just wish I had knew about this panel in particular before I started this project.

Thanks in advance...

Shannon

Back