• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dyno the gtp

read about the zzp pcm, it adjust the torque converter and raises the rev limiter amounst other things to help the car up top.

read about the zzp pcm, it adjust the torque converter and raises the rev limiter amounst other things to help the car up top.

No point to even going that fast cause there is no where i can do it at:shrug:

Even at waterford you don't have enough space...or my car won't hit over 100mph at a 1/4 mile.

this dyno was abouth 3 years ago from my gtp just found a good video recorder to send to pc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDMNXRXaugA

bassically was stock

short intake and ubend deleted.

buth was really low numbers

212whp and 256 torque

Considering the cars crank numbers, how do you get your numbers as being low. I mean 240 hp and you put down 212 whp:shrug: and you said it yourself that its basically stock:shrug: I say that's pretty damn good IMO!

Considering the cars crank numbers, how do you get your numbers as being low. I mean 240 hp and you put down 212 whp:shrug: and you said it yourself that its basically stock:shrug: I say that's pretty damn good IMO!

i have see other gtp make more whp around 230 little more litlle less, and stock. buth they have the shift performance button ( high pressure to transmission, redline shift)

i like more the SVT than the gtp is a better car for me, i feel secure in highway and feel i understand all from the car.

I even promised him i could find an exhast just as quiet but that will give him way better gains...Nope.

One of my friends had a GTP with the bolt on borla kit and it was pretty darn quite... not much louder than stock.

I was considering a GTP before I bought my SVT... but stupid GM and there automatics cost them a customer.

I think those numbers aren't terrible... depending on the dyno and conditions you may be running a little more..... or a little less. Just remeber if you want more HP ebay has a ton of the chips that will get you 20+ HP and 20% better gas mileage! <-- sarcasticly

Ron..you think i haven't told him:crazy:.....yet he leaves it all chocked up :blackeye: I even promised him i could find an exhast just as quiet but that will give him way better gains...Nope. All chocked up...i'm trying to talk him into putting on headers though....he likes the big hp gains...when i showed him the dyno results.:cool:

His 1997 gtx was the 9th gtx built that year. And that was the first year they started building them.

Tell him to get a downpipe and stick with the stock exhaust, guys run 11's on stock catbacks, no reason to change.

Also GTX's were never serialized (I know my 40th Anv GTP was a GTX). All you did was order the package from SLP, go down and have the parts fitted. The only STD part was the intake and the hood, everything else was an option.

I still miss my car :( Wish I would have dynoed' it before I sold it.

If someone has some serious mods, you'll need more then a 3L to take out a GTP. After I had my heads/cam Uppped the compression to spin the blower slower I had no issues taking out boosted 3L 'tour.

you must not have taken out that many otherwise your tranny would have gone boom, unless you had uber bucks invested in it.

:censored::censored::censored::censored: ebay chips, zzp pcm is the only way to go.

you must not have taken out that many otherwise your tranny would have gone boom, unless you had uber bucks invested in it.

:censored::censored::censored::censored: ebay chips, zzp pcm is the only way to go.

Is the 4T65E-HD a weak point yes, but to say if you race at all it's going to go boom is ridiculous. I had 126K miles on mine, and it was never driven lightly.

Most time when there is trans failure, it was morons doing burnouts then catch some grip, and the shock snaps the chain in the tranny housing.

That or your grenaded your diff (once again avoidable by not being a burnout junkie retard).

ZZP PCM is just an evolution, DHP was the original, except Charles Beyer no longer wanted to support the community because A it wasn't his main job and B there wasn't enough money in it.

Not sure what your comment about e-bay chips was??? Or whom it was directed at, having owned 3 W-bodies and having moded all 3 (different routes as well) I certainly hope it wasn't directed at me.

Plus if you look at my mod list, you'd know the XP cam is only available from Zoomer (the person behind ZZP).

And not sure about the Uberbucks comment, a built unit from Dynotech will hold up to most anything you can throw at it. I spent almost as much on my UTTER GARBAGE MTX-75, then a beefed up 4T65E-HD would have cost.

I believe that the ebay chip statement was directed at me... i jokingly said that he should get one before.. not you, the original poster.

Uh-oh...ron is on the move again. Come on ron...you know you love those ebay chips. :laugh: Aren't you running like 3 of them :crazy:

You can't run 3 at the same time.. I think you are mistaken for this set up;

1: $20 risister... i mean chip that gets him 20+ HP and 20% better gas mileage
2: $20 magnets for the gas line = 20% better gas mileage
3: $70 gas cap = 20+ HP and 70% better gas mileage

so all in all you get 40+ HP and gain 10% gas when driving :crazy:

PS: Sorry for creating all the rucus.

Is the 4T65E-HD a weak point yes, but to say if you race at all it's going to go boom is ridiculous. I had 126K miles on mine, and it was never driven lightly.

Most time when there is trans failure, it was morons doing burnouts then catch some grip, and the shock snaps the chain in the tranny housing.

That or your grenaded your diff (once again avoidable by not being a burnout junkie retard).

ZZP PCM is just an evolution, DHP was the original, except Charles Beyer no longer wanted to support the community because A it wasn't his main job and B there wasn't enough money in it.

Not sure what your comment about e-bay chips was??? Or whom it was directed at, having owned 3 W-bodies and having moded all 3 (different routes as well) I certainly hope it wasn't directed at me.

Plus if you look at my mod list, you'd know the XP cam is only available from Zoomer (the person behind ZZP).

And not sure about the Uberbucks comment, a built unit from Dynotech will hold up to most anything you can throw at it. I spent almost as much on my UTTER GARBAGE MTX-75, then a beefed up 4T65E-HD would have cost.

wow so you have owned 3 wbodies you must know everything about them :rolleyes:

unless you put 4-5 k in your mtx75 then you didn't come close to how much a beefed up gtp tranny runs, and I wasn't saying you can't race them, im just saying if you beef them up there not gonna hold on for very long.

wow so you have owned 3 wbodies you must know everything about them :rolleyes:

unless you put 4-5 k in your mtx75 then you didn't come close to how much a beefed up gtp tranny runs, and I wasn't saying you can't race them, im just saying if you beef them up there not gonna hold on for very long.

Never said I knew everything, but I don't come on here spewing inaccuracies like yourself.

Christ go build and price a trans on ZZP's website. Sure isn't 4-5K is it.

Even with 300M input and pump shafts and a single chain gear setup added it runs 2500$ That is a top of the line build, most people can get away with the 4340 Pump/Input shafts.

So once again, where does 4-5K come from??????

Now I know why I frequent this forum so little.....

http://www.3800performance.com/Merc...de=TEP-TRANNY&Category_Code=T&Product_Count=0

http://www.3800performance.com/Merc...de=TEP-TRANNY&Category_Code=T&Product_Count=0

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=150&catid=105

wow you are making yourself sound more and more like a dumbass on here, its a good thing you don't frequent this site often and post because your the only one who knows little on here

check these 3 websites, price is for base transmission, add all the extras you need to build the tranny up and your anywhere from 3-5 grand

nice try though bud!

Back