• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DRL Part number

sprindl

CEG'er
Can someone provide me with the relay part number for the Daylight Running Light mod. I cannot find the part number using the search feature.:shrug:

Corrected above, should be F5RZ14N089E. $20.24 from teamfordparts.com (Team Ford - Bill Jenkins)

Why can't Ford put their part numbers on the actual part, this number isn't anywhere on the actual relay....

you guys are killing me... Y buy ford dealer... go to radio shack... they are what maybe 10 bucks, i just put a spare on in that i had from a lock kit...
Take out the bipass pin and put in a 5 pin realy... Done...

CIMG0176.jpg

you guys are killing me... Y buy ford dealer... go to radio shack... they are what maybe 10 bucks, i just put a spare on in that i had from a lock kit...
Take out the bipass pin and put in a 5 pin realy... Done...

CIMG0176.jpg
OK how many amp relay and is it an ISO relay :shrug:

Corrected above, should be F5RZ14N089E. $20.24 from teamfordparts.com (Team Ford - Bill Jenkins)

Why can't Ford put their part numbers on the actual part, this number isn't anywhere on the actual relay....

because ford ford dealers are stupid. I checked with my local dealer and they couldn't find it either ....

ya the dealer relay, although i havent found the diagram for it, has a few more comp. in it to still connect two of the leads so the High beams work as normal, with that said, if you use a reg 5 pin from a fog light set up or something then DLR work fine and shut off with headlights, but the drivers side High beam wont work after due to the lack of that extra connection in the relay, both HB work for DRL but in HB mode only the pass works... Not sure how i feel about it, I like the DRL, but the one Hb not working.... not sure on the trade off yet...

Can Anyone find the Diagram for this relay from Ford so i can work out what diode or resistor needs to be in there?

ya the dealer relay, although i havent found the diagram for it, has a few more comp. in it to still connect two of the leads so the High beams work as normal, with that said, if you use a reg 5 pin from a fog light set up or something then DLR work fine and shut off with headlights, but the drivers side High beam wont work after due to the lack of that extra connection in the relay, both HB work for DRL but in HB mode only the pass works... Not sure how i feel about it, I like the DRL, but the one Hb not working.... not sure on the trade off yet...

Can Anyone find the Diagram for this relay from Ford so i can work out what diode or resistor needs to be in there?
yes this was my problem with my autozone relay the drivers side high beam did not work. I have some diagrams but it might me a while before I can post them BTW if you have ALL DATA the diagrams are on that

Back